10-21-14, 09:43 PM   #21
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Edit: I'd already deprecated the basic Dropdown in all of my addons in favor of the ScrollingDropdown, so I just went ahead and removed the basic Dropdown and renamed the ScrollingDropdown just Dropdown in the lib. You'll want to update at some point.

Originally Posted by Duugu View Post
Don't know if you care, but if you provide a "name" arg I would expect that it is used.
Not interested. If you are absolutely convinced you'll die without a global for your dropdown frame, you can set one yourself. You can even override the frame's default :GetName() with a function that returns your name if you want.

Oh, and disabled list buttons are still clickable. But I guess this is intentionally, right?
I don't think I've actually ever used the ability to disable an individual button, so not intentional... can you submit a ticket on GitHub? Otherwise I will likely forget to investigate.

I would consider a dropdown list that closes if the mouse is leaving it as more useful:
Ticket! Not sure I'll add exactly that, but may add some kind of timeout. I feel like a list that closes if I accidentally move the mouse 1px outside of it would be kind of annoying...

Last edited by Phanx : 10-21-14 at 10:27 PM.
10-21-14, 11:41 PM   #22
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Ticket! Not sure I'll add exactly that, but may add some kind of timeout. I feel like a list that closes if I accidentally move the mouse 1px outside of it would be kind of annoying...
Seconded, a dropdown should only close when it's parent is hidden (optional), or you click another dropdown, or you simply have selected it's item/closed it manually.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Another dropdown taint