05-09-10, 07:57 PM   #1
ormjaevel
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Grid with mouseover macro problem.

Hello mates.

I got a small problem with my Grid and my Mouseover macro for SS(sacred shield)

The problem is that when I hover on grid and press my button(mouse5) it dont work, nothing happens. Nada at all.

BUT when I hover outside grid it do work, then it do SS on me. Ive tryed in random dung and see if that works but well, it didnt.

This is how my macro looks like:
Code:
#showtooltip Sacred Shield
/cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead] [help][target=player] Sacred Shield
I got the same problem with BoL aswell.

keep in mind that every other macro do work, like HL, HS, FoL, HoS, HoS(salvation), LoH, BoP.

Anyone know how to fix this?

/Jimmy

okay, nvm - nothing works besides the healing and HoS(sacrifice). :e
or well, I dunno if LoH works tho

all the macros look the same so, plox help

edit again:
Okay, can it maybe be something cuz I use my mouse for the macros?
HoS works cuz I use shift+C but not the buttons on my mouse.

I use mouse4 for SS, shift+mouse5 for BoL, BoP - s-middlemouse, HoS(salvation) c-middlemouse
So, maybe it doesnt work cuz I use my mouse for it?

EDIT one more time lol
Does anyone remember the "wow funeral"-vid on youtube couple of years ago? It was some guy with cancer or something like that and it was a thread on the wow forums and the guild + some more(I think) did a "funeral" for him walking in thunder bluff(as horde ofc). Does anyone have that link? Ive searched but cant find any :/

Last edited by ormjaevel : 05-09-10 at 10:11 PM.
05-09-10, 10:41 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, the macro should work regardless of where you are. This is my macro for earth shield. It either uses my mouseover, target, targetstarget and if none of those exist then myself.

Code:
#showtooltip Earth Shield
/cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] [target=target,help,nodead] [target=targettarget,help,nodead] [target=player] Earth Shield
Try changing yours to the following and see if that works:

Code:
/cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead] [target=player,help] Sacred Shield

Hmm, yeah maybe its a mouse thing. I only have a 3 button mouse and I don't use it for healing at all .. I just have 5 macros and I click the numbers for them and use the mouse for hovering, targetting and moving. But then thats the way I work.
05-10-10, 03:06 AM   #3
ormjaevel
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Hmm, the macro should work regardless of where you are. This is my macro for earth shield. It either uses my mouseover, target, targetstarget and if none of those exist then myself.

Code:
#showtooltip Earth Shield
/cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] [target=target,help,nodead] [target=targettarget,help,nodead] [target=player] Earth Shield
Try changing yours to the following and see if that works:

Code:
/cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead] [target=player,help] Sacred Shield

Hmm, yeah maybe its a mouse thing. I only have a 3 button mouse and I don't use it for healing at all .. I just have 5 macros and I click the numbers for them and use the mouse for hovering, targetting and moving. But then thats the way I work.
I tryed it, it dont work :/
Im starting to think its something with my Grid :E

Im gonna try reinstall it, coming with edit.

Edit: Okay, ive tryed to change but it dont work..
can it be something with I use this "side-addons"?

GridIndicatorCornerIcons
GridIndicatorCornerText
GridIndicatorSideIcons
GridSideIndicators
GridStatusHots
GridStatusRaidDebuff
GridStatusRaidIcons
GridStatusRD_BC
GridStatusRD_WotLK
GridStatusShield

I just want to say that SS/bop/bol/hos and so on do work when I use clique, but I want to delete as many addons as I can to get more performance/fps or w/e.

So it shouldnt be a problem.

Edit: like 4 addons
GridIndicatorCornerIcons
GridIndicatorCornerText
GridIndicatorSideIcons
GridSideIndicators

I think they are showing when my SS and BoL is active on my target. Its not my edit, its made by a guy.

Edit again: Okay.. It seems like its grid it must be wrong with cuz when I hover a random dude in wow and press my SS button(with macro) and w/o targeting the person it do cast SS on him, but not on grid.

is this able to fix somehow?

Last edited by ormjaevel : 05-10-10 at 03:49 AM.
05-10-10, 04:15 AM   #4
Faraque
A Theradrim Guardian

This problem is a known problem. A mouseclick over a unitframe is intercepted by the WoW client. It's not treated like you would expect. You *must* use a keyboard keypress to activate an ability on mouseover on a unitframe.

To test what I mean, move your mouseover macro to button 1 of your main hotbar.
Move your mouse over someone in the 3D world.
Press the 1 button on the keyboard.
It will fire.

Now, move it over a target unitframe and press button 1.
It will fire.

Put it back as a mouseclick keybind.
Hover over someone in the 3D world and do the mouseclick.
It will fire.

Now put it over a target unitframe and do the mouseclick.
It will fail.

The only way to trigger a spellcast on click over a unitframe is to use an addon such as Healbot, VuDu, or Clique. (My preference is with Clique)

I hope this helps your understanding.
05-10-10, 04:28 AM   #5
ormjaevel
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Faraque View Post
This problem is a known problem. A mouseclick over a unitframe is intercepted by the WoW client. It's not treated like you would expect. You *must* use a keyboard keypress to activate an ability on mouseover on a unitframe.

To test what I mean, move your mouseover macro to button 1 of your main hotbar.
Move your mouse over someone in the 3D world.
Press the 1 button on the keyboard.
It will fire.

Now, move it over a target unitframe and press button 1.
It will fire.

Put it back as a mouseclick keybind.
Hover over someone in the 3D world and do the mouseclick.
It will fire.

Now put it over a target unitframe and do the mouseclick.
It will fail.

The only way to trigger a spellcast on click over a unitframe is to use an addon such as Healbot, VuDu, or Clique. (My preference is with Clique)

I hope this helps your understanding.
Yea, indeed I understand but if Clique makes it work it should be able to do it yourself aswell, or am I wrong?

I mean, it shouldnt be that hard.. or is it? o.o
05-10-10, 05:26 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
What Clique does may be too encompassing to put into a macro.

Okay, just downloaded Clique to see what it does and it looks like it adjusts the secure frame attributes to reflect the mouse/key combos the user sets up per frame it has registered as receiving a clique keybind. It is 100 lines long and I somehow doubt that a macro can handle that type of complexity and that many lines.

And yep, just looked at healbot and it also uses the secure frame SetAttribute commands to set up the keybind functionality.

So as has been said you either need to change what keybind system you use if you just want to use your macros and the unit frames you have or use Clique with your unit frames or grid. Or use healbot. I suspect Vuhdo is similar to healbot in setting up the action.
05-10-10, 09:52 AM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by ormjaevel View Post
Yea, indeed I understand but if Clique makes it work it should be able to do it yourself aswell, or am I wrong?
You could, but not in a macro.

All frames (including unit frames) that intercept one kind of mouse click (such as left-click) will also intercept other kinds of mouse clicks (such as button5) even if they aren't set up to respond to them. Clique works by changing unit frames to respond to specific kinds of mouse clicks in specific ways, the same way most unit frames default to responding to a left-click by targeting the unit associated with the frame.

However, key presses are handled differently than mouse clicks. When you press a key while the cursor is over a unit frame, the unit frame doesn't intercept the key press the way it intercepts mouse clicks. This is why your macro would work as expected if bound to a regular key, but doesn't work as expected when bound to a mouse button.

As others have said, your choices are to (a) bind the macro to a regular key, or (b) install Clique to enable click-casting on Grid frames.

Also note that if you use Clique to run your macro when clicking button5 over a unit frame, you can still have button5 bound to your macro, and that binding will still work while the cursor isn't over a unit frame.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Grid with mouseover macro problem.