07-06-10, 01:11 AM   #1
Rogumino
A Defias Bandit
nUI keybinds + my mcaro conditions = a mess

just a quick little thing i'd like to say has happened to me since 3.3.5(alone from the chatbox not going in the corresponding place)is the problem i get when trying to cast a spell from a macro that contains a modifier using a bound key. So basically i have a macro
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [nocombat, nomod] Charge;[combat, nomod] Heroic Strike;[combat, mod:shift] Rend
/startattack
on my nui main page button 1. |<<I walk up to a mob>>| i press 1 |<< i charge >>| i press 1 again |<< i Strike him in a heroic fashion >>| i hold down shift and press 1 |<< nothing happens>>|
plz tell me if it's my macro, a setting in the addon or if i'm just SOL and i'll need to chop my macro =$
edit:i got the latest newsletter and i'm gonna dwonload the latest version i'll see if helps and i'll keep you posted
edit2:nope still doesn't work =( respond as soon as you can

Last edited by Rogumino : 07-06-10 at 01:39 AM. Reason: just checked my email, Downloaded the new version

07-06-10, 04:00 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know there were some changes in how macros work in an attempt to reduce the "no thinking" style of macros. (which is not to say this is what your macro is) -- it's possible that this is collateral damage. I'm not sure.

I can't recall the details, but something along the lines that previously if a spell couldn't be cast, it was skipped and the next spell would cast. So you could stack spells such as you're doing and have the spell on cooldown get skipped and the next spell executed. However, I believe that with the change when the macro hits a spell that's on cooldown, it eats the keypress.

I would think the 'nomod' would cause that not to happen, but I dunno. I can tell you that nUI does not tinker with macros, key mods, etc., so it should be a non-issue. Certainly nothing has changed in the action bars in a very long time now, so it's more likely a change in 3.3.5 is the root cause than a change in nUI.

What happens if you use the macro without nUI?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

07-06-10, 04:56 AM   #3
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Rogumino View Post
just a quick little thing i'd like to say has happened to me since 3.3.5(alone from the chatbox not going in the corresponding place)is the problem i get when trying to cast a spell from a macro that contains a modifier using a bound key. So basically i have a macro
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [nocombat, nomod] Charge;[combat, nomod] Heroic Strike;[combat, mod:shift] Rend
/startattack
on my nui main page button 1. |<<I walk up to a mob>>| i press 1 |<< i charge >>| i press 1 again |<< i Strike him in a heroic fashion >>| i hold down shift and press 1 |<< nothing happens>>|
plz tell me if it's my macro, a setting in the addon or if i'm just SOL and i'll need to chop my macro =$
edit:i got the latest newsletter and i'm gonna dwonload the latest version i'll see if helps and i'll keep you posted
edit2:nope still doesn't work =( respond as soon as you can
You can also try this:
Code:
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target [nocombat] Charge;[combat] Heroic Strike,Rend
/startattack
I didn't test this, but it should:

Button 1 => Charge
Button 1 => Heroic Strike
Button 1 => Rend

This will do it in sequence.

If you want to alternate between Heroic Strike and Rend the following should do it:

Code:
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target [nocombat] Charge;[combat] Heroic Strike;[combat,mod:shift] Rend
/startattack
Hope this helps.

-- Kodewulf

07-06-10, 01:20 PM   #4
Rogumino
A Defias Bandit
@spiel2001 I'll try out the macro with the standard Blizzard User Interface -as soon as the realms are back up-. 'Til then I'll keep you posted once again thanks for the help

07-06-10, 04:59 PM   #5
Rogumino
A Defias Bandit
yep it still doesn' work in the standard blizz UI

07-06-10, 05:06 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Try the castsequence suggestion offered. To use the same button repeatedly like that you need to use castsequence.

Code:
/castsequence reset=combat/24 Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague, Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Flay, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast
This for example is one of my shadow priests old rotation macros. Each press of the button will execute the next spell in the list and will reset the list when combat ends or 24 seconds has passed. Whether you can use modifiers in a sequence I don't know as I don't use them.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » nUI keybinds + my mcaro conditions = a mess