01-15-08, 09:37 PM   #1
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Pally Power

OK so I downloaded Pally Power and cant figure it out. This is what it looks like http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4...8172933bt4.jpg

I thought there were supposed to be blessing with this (ones I already know) what am i doing wrong here

how do i get this set up?
01-15-08, 11:50 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The download page tells you how to set it up.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-16-08, 12:24 AM   #3
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Seerah
The download page tells you how to set it up.

I read the download page and still no buffs or player icons show up like in the SS for the addon.
01-16-08, 12:34 AM   #4
Neechan
A Kobold Labourer

You being level 11 is the problem.

As far as my experience with PP goes, you need to have the Greater Blessings to make the addon work properly.

It works on my 70 paladin but not on my level 25 one.

my 2 cents
01-16-08, 01:08 AM   #5
Argo007
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
yap...thats right.....you need the greater blessings.
pallypower can handel lesser blessings only for showing not for casting.
01-16-08, 02:34 AM   #6
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Ahh ok thanks then. I will leave it installed and wait till i gt my greaters.

Thanks again
01-16-08, 05:25 AM   #7
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Argo007
If you want to see what YOU have blessed other thou, there might be an addon just for u, called Quartz but it only shows ur party-target's buff when u target him
01-16-08, 09:24 AM   #8
Kyrianna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Argo007
PallyPower will cast lesser blessings with right-click instead of greaters. Used this on my paladin from level 4 on with absolutely no problems.
01-16-08, 10:43 AM   #9
Munorion
A Defias Bandit
I have exactly the same problem as the OP on my level 50 paladin. PP doesn't show any blessings available for my character; strangely enough, when I partied up with another pally (several levels lower than mine), blessings available for his character showed up on my assignment tab. His main is a level 70 pally, while this is my first paladin.

My first reaction to this thread was "Aha, must be somehow because his PP was setup with access to Greater blessings!". But judging from the latter comments this isn't the case?

Seerah:
No offense intended, I know that you are very active both here and on the wowace forums, and I've read posts from you stating that it gets tiresome to answer the same questions day in and day out. But in this case, I have to wonder if you even read through the OP's post or looked at the screenshot he linked. Because your answer was standardized and not really helpful - where on the download page does it say anything about what to do when you simply don't get any blessings to select in the assignment screen?
To quote from that page:
For each paladin it displays an icon for each available blessing, a rank of the blessing and a number of talent points spent to improve the blessing.
And that's exactly the problem, it doesn't display that. Again, no offense intended, I know you have contributed a lot to both this and wowace's community, but a "RTFM" response wasn't really appropriate here, imo.

If, however, I oversaw something extremely fundamental, please feel free to correct me and I'll gladly eat my words
01-16-08, 11:25 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I haven't used PallyPower - my pally is only lvl 15, and I hardly touch her. But the OP looked as if they were lost as to how to set up the mod, and asked "how do i get this set up?"

From the download page:
Right after installation, Pally Power by default displays a red anchor button in the middle of the screen. You can click on the button to make it moveable or to access the assignments window (see the tool tip).

Alternatively you can type “/pp config” to access the assignments screen.

The assignments screen displays a grid with paladin names and classes. For each paladin it displays an icon for each available blessing, a rank of the blessing and a number of talent points spent to improve the blessing. It also shows the number of Symbols of Kings that are in paladins inventory.
And it goes on further, telling how it works, and what to do. If the OP had "RTFM" as you put it, then they should have been more explicit with what they tried and what was not working. ( http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html )
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-16-08, 12:27 PM   #11
Munorion
A Defias Bandit
Well, from the screenshot he posted, it looks to me like the OP was already past the /pp config phase, since it displays the assignment grid; from the screen it's also fairly apparent what his problem is (at least to me, but that might simply be because I have the same problem).
01-16-08, 04:00 PM   #12
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
1st let me say I am not a noob in the ways of addons I have a UI uploaded here and I keep it updated frequently. I know how to get things to work and usually try on my own. But for some reason PP wont work for me. I have it configured yet when in groups I dont see class icons and in my assignment grid nothing shows up. So there has to be something I am missing. I have unchecked "greaters" so that should allow for "lessers" to show up. so for now I am stuck buffing the old tab tab tab way
01-18-08, 06:52 AM   #13
Munorion
A Defias Bandit
SenseiLoki, I managed to "fix" this on my char yesterday (maybe it's not a fix because it's not broken, but it was non-intuitive and not really described in the how-to).
I tried to get my blessingsto show by hitting "Refresh" in the assignment screen and it told me I wasn't group leader.

I invited another pally then (lvl 70), his buffs showed up for me, but mine still wouldn't, even after refreshing. What worked was going to options, unchecking "Greater Blessings" and refreshing again - my own blessings appeared on the assignment screen after that.

Hope that helps.
01-18-08, 07:58 AM   #14
Argo007
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by SenseiLoki
OK so I downloaded Pally Power and cant figure it out. This is what it looks like http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4...8172933bt4.jpg

I thought there were supposed to be blessing with this (ones I already know) what am i doing wrong here

how do i get this set up?
Ok Back to topic.

in my opinion you will see icons here only for greater blessing. so you are to low and will see nothing. thats all.
02-14-08, 04:48 PM   #15
Aznamir
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Munorion View Post
What worked was going to options, unchecking "Greater Blessings" and refreshing again - my own blessings appeared on the assignment screen after that.
That's how you use PallyPower on low level paladins.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Pally Power