02-03-08, 05:07 PM   #1
Leyuna
A Murloc Raider
a "selective" addon

Greetings people.

I made a post on the EU forum about an idea for an addon i would love a brave coder to create if one is up for the task (and if it is possible)

so here goes:

Desc:
I select the person/persons and add him/her to the addons frame (person is in raid or party)
His/hers vitals should shown like on a unit frame but i should be able to select what i wanna see mana or Hitpoints (or both)
Clickablity, i should be able to bind spells/macro ect to the mouse buttons (just like healbot and other healing addons) for use within the frame.
A unit which is already innervated should be greyed out or have some sort of visual aid that this person dont need any innervates ect.
Out of range should also be greyed out.
Frame should be moveable.
Frame should be customizeable. text, textures, size, ect.

Reason for addon:
I normally play a Feral, and i would like to have a place where all my healers are put over on one side where i have easy access to them
and where i can keep an eye on their mana for an eventual innervate or Rebirth since my prio is the healers.

Im sure this could be done by a collection of addons but i would like it all to be gathered into one for simplicity and easy maintenance.

Hope anyone is up for the task.

Leyuna
02-03-08, 06:15 PM   #2
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sounds alot like Healbot already. Other than selecting single units versus groups. You might be better served using the focus frame and perhaps Clique. Otherwise I think Healbot will do almost everything you requested.

02-03-08, 07:07 PM   #3
mulesh
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Have you looked at Grid w/ GridDynamicLayout plugin?
02-04-08, 01:55 AM   #4
Leyuna
A Murloc Raider
yeah i have looked at alot of different addons (using healbot myself atm for healing)
but it dont do what i want. I want a frame where _only_ theunit/units i select is in. i have used grid in the past but it wasnt something i liked using.
also there isnt just 1 unit, but maybe atm up to 3 units and later even more that i have to keep my eyes on.

In the terms of looks think more in the way like that arena addon Proximo (i think it is called that?) one frame where you have a good visual view of the specific unit that i want.

But thanks for the suggestions guys it is great to see people helping.

Leyuna
02-04-08, 03:06 AM   #5
Argo007
A Cyclonian
did you tried ORA with Player Targets??

greetz Argonaut
02-04-08, 09:46 AM   #6
Leyuna
A Murloc Raider
no havent looked at ORA i will grap it and take a look
02-04-08, 11:51 AM   #7
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

oRA is a good suggestion.

If you only want a single target, I would suggest simply using the focus frame. As long as your partyframes report detailed feedback, you should be good.

02-04-08, 11:54 AM   #8
Leyuna
A Murloc Raider
ORA dont seem to be the addon im looking for.

put it simple:
a "box" (frame) where i add 1,2,3,4 X nr. of players, where i can see their health, mana or both depending on which i choice.
note: i dont want the entire raid in that frame only the selected few.
02-04-08, 12:47 PM   #9
Persen
A Fallenroot Satyr
While you're waiting you could go to the raid options window (social pane) and shift-drag the raid members you want to your interface. This way you can pull out single members. Would probably work well with Clique.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » a "selective" addon