05-28-13, 07:27 PM   #1
Terpthree
A Murloc Raider
Help with choosing profile on UI

So I downloaded the Dryaan Ui for my rogue.
I did everything said, replaced my interace, WTF, and font folders. Changed my account name, realm name, and character name for my rogue in the WTF folder. All add ons are working no errors but on the page it says to change the profiles to Dryaan in order to configure all the add ons accordingly. I do not get the option to choose dryaan the only options are my character name - realm name, my character name, default, and rogue. None of these seem to be configured in any of the add ons. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are the instructions I followed.

Instructions
In your World of Warcraft directory (usually C:\...\World of Warcraft):

Replace your Interface folder with the one extracted from Dryaan UI
Copy or replace your Fonts folder with the one extracted from Dryaan UI
Replaces your WTF folder with the one extracted from Dryaan UI

Make sure to change the following folders names, inside WTF:

YOURACCOUNTNAME to your account name in capital letters or your account number
Your Realm Name to your realm name
Your_char_name to your character name

Most addons will first show up unconfigured. You will have to choose the proper profile. Here is the list of profiles to be selected for each addon.

LUI (/lui): Dryaan
Bartender (/bt): Dryaan
Big Wigs (/bw): Dryaan
Chatter (/chatter): Dryaan
Gladius (/gladius): Dryaan
FortXorcist (/fx): Dryaan
Grid2 (/grid2): Dryaan
Kui Nameplates (/knp): Dryaan
Masque (/masque): Dryaan
MSBT (/msbt): Dryaan
Quartz (/quartz): Dryaan
Shadowed UF (/suf): Dryaan
TimeToDie: Dryaan

Thanks
05-28-13, 07:41 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Okay... So I assume that you renamed the folders inside the WTF folder? And that you renamed them correctly?

Other than that, where you installed the UI to is not where your game is installed. Right-click your WoW shortcut that you use to launch the game, select Properties, and see where the Target is set to for the shortcut.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-28-13, 08:28 PM   #3
Terpthree
A Murloc Raider
Yup everything is put in the correct spot and named correctly. All the add ons work on character, just unable to configure with Dryaan profile. Followed instructions to the T. The only thing I had to change was the region inside the config in order to connect to US servers not EU.
05-28-13, 11:03 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What operating system are you on and where is your WoW directory located?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-28-13, 11:13 PM   #5
Terpthree
A Murloc Raider
Windows 7

Computer --> C: --> Program Files --> World of Warcraft which is where all the folders are interface wtf etc.

Thanks for your time.
05-29-13, 02:53 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unless you've disabled some operating system security features, under Windows 7, programs can't write to files inside the Program Files directory, so programs like WoW that would normally store their settings inside their own folder instead store it in the "VirtualStore" folder inside your Windows user profile folder.

Search your computer for folders named "SavedVariables" to find the appropriate path. Then, move the UI settings files into that path under VirtualStore instead of the program path under Program Files.

Alternatively (and less complicatedly) just move the whole World of Warcraft folder out of the Program Files folder. Unless your WoW install is really old, it shouldn't install itself in there by default anyway. I think the current default install path is C:\Users\Public\Games, but if you're moving it yourself, you can put it anywhere. I use C:\Games personally.
05-29-13, 03:21 PM   #7
Terpthree
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Unless you've disabled some operating system security features, under Windows 7, programs can't write to files inside the Program Files directory, so programs like WoW that would normally store their settings inside their own folder instead store it in the "VirtualStore" folder inside your Windows user profile folder.

Search your computer for folders named "SavedVariables" to find the appropriate path. Then, move the UI settings files into that path under VirtualStore instead of the program path under Program Files.

Alternatively (and less complicatedly) just move the whole World of Warcraft folder out of the Program Files folder. Unless your WoW install is really old, it shouldn't install itself in there by default anyway. I think the current default install path is C:\Users\Public\Games, but if you're moving it yourself, you can put it anywhere. I use C:\Games personally.
That worked, much appreciated everyone who took time to answer.

Also strange because my WoW install was only ~5 months old and it defaulted to program files.
05-29-13, 11:34 PM   #8
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Blizzard returned the default install location to the Program Files folder near the end of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. If you run the game using a user account with administrative privileges (as most people do) on Windows 7/8, the game can write to files within it's own directory without a UAC prompt or having to use "Run as administrator".

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with choosing profile on UI