04-20-08, 11:47 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
PotW for 20 Apr 08 and sub-division of Compilations download category

This week Seerah has covered two updated mods, NinjaPoints and BindingsReminder. You can read her overview of them here.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to our site, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.

Also a note to both compilation creators and end-users: we are sub-dividing the Suites & Compilations category. As such, we're asking for suggestions from the entire community as to the sub-categories they would like to see added. For compilation creators, we're asking that if you'd like to have your compilation moved to a specific sub-category to please drop a PM to any of the site staff asking for it to be moved to that category. We're trying to sort through them on our own, but we never object to assistance. ;)
04-21-08, 02:40 AM   #2
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know this is somewhat generic, but a "Newly created" and "Tried and tested" category might suffice. It seems like most of the moaning I see is folks having to wade through a ton of bad compilations to find a few good ones. the groups could perhaps be based on number of downloads, rating, etc. I, and quite a few others, persoanlly like checking out new compilations for inspiration and to discover great, lesser-used, mods...so I don't think the former category would really prevent new compilations from seeing the light of day, it would just really assist those folks who maybe don't know as much as others and don't want to spend a crap-ton of time sorting through compilation after compilation.

Barring that idea, organizaed by resolution support would also be helpful. Not many things more irritating then setting up a compilation only to realize it doesn't fit your screen Most authors are good about stating this up front; this would be another "help the newbie compilation downloader" category
04-21-08, 11:40 PM   #3
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I still say add a "Class Specific" sub-category. With the ones that you already have, I think almost everything should be covered.

Only other thing is some kind of descriptor, tag, or field that allows us to specify resolution (which has kinda been brought up in another thread).

04-21-08, 11:50 PM   #4
Fashionabull
A Cliff Giant

I'm relatively new to the site (lurked a good bit before posting). But something I've noticed on a few compilations is that they are "based" on another UI. Maybe a sub category for alternatives to a UI
04-25-08, 07:27 PM   #5
Steil
A Cliff Giant

Surprised it's not been mentioned yet. But 2 categories that would help would be "widescreen" and "fullscreen". Lotta ppl have problems w/ compiliations that are only made for the opposite of what they have.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » PotW for 20 Apr 08 and sub-division of Compilations download category