03-25-13, 06:21 AM   #1
Ghadabb
A Murloc Raider
X-Perl Arena Unit Frames Question

Hello all,

I use x-perl unit frames and for some reason I can't get the enemy unit frames in arena which puts me at a great disadvantage. Anyone know how to fix this or some sort of solution? Would be greatly appreciated. (Gladius seems to give my a lot of errors)

Thanks,
G
03-25-13, 02:01 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Does X-Perl even support the arena enemy units? I don't use it, but I didn't see any mention of "arena" on its download page.

Assuming that it does not include arena frames, you should be able to use the ones built into the default UI (enable them under Interface Options > Game > Unit Frames) or use any other arena frame mod.

If you like Gladius, do you have the patch 5.2 fan update or the really outdated official version? If you don't have the linked update version, go get it. If you're still getting errors with it, post the errors -- preferrably on the addon's download page so the uploader will see them and can fix them.

If you're okay with the basic appearance and functionality of the Blizzard arena frames, sArena will let you move and resize them. If you're open to trying unit frame addons other than X-Perl, Shadowed Unit Frames and Stuf both support arena enemies, and have lots of configuration options. There are also oUF layouts that support arena frames, including mine, though most oUF layouts don't have many (or any) in-game options, so you generally just pick one you like and use it as-is.
03-25-13, 03:42 PM   #3
Ghadabb
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Does X-Perl even support the arena enemy units? I don't use it, but I didn't see any mention of "arena" on its download page.

Assuming that it does not include arena frames, you should be able to use the ones built into the default UI (enable them under Interface Options > Game > Unit Frames) or use any other arena frame mod.

If you like Gladius, do you have the patch 5.2 fan update or the really outdated official version? If you don't have the linked update version, go get it. If you're still getting errors with it, post the errors -- preferrably on the addon's download page so the uploader will see them and can fix them.

If you're okay with the basic appearance and functionality of the Blizzard arena frames, sArena will let you move and resize them. If you're open to trying unit frame addons other than X-Perl, Shadowed Unit Frames and Stuf both support arena enemies, and have lots of configuration options. There are also oUF layouts that support arena frames, including mine, though most oUF layouts don't have many (or any) in-game options, so you generally just pick one you like and use it as-is.

Thank you very much Phanx! from all the places i had posted at your reply has been the most helpful. Much appreciated and i shall look into all the options presented here and see what will suit my layout the best. Again thank you very much!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » X-Perl Arena Unit Frames Question