09-03-10, 12:03 PM   #1
Cloudspel
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs down Do Not Use This Addon....

Unless you are prepared to have a custom chat channel that continually opens no matter how many times you try to leave it PERMANENTLY placed in you Blizzard programming......the clicking noise this chat channel makes is verry ANNOYING and it CANNOT be removed.......nor will the 'people' at Carbonite tell you how to disable or completely uninstall their program. USE at your own RISK!!!!

09-03-10, 12:08 PM   #2
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's in the options, under Privacy & Communication.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."

09-03-10, 12:37 PM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

You can completely uninstall the addon just the same way you do with every other addon. You delete the Carbonite folders in your Interface\AddOns folder.

09-03-10, 11:12 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
You can completely uninstall the addon just the same way you do with every other addon. You delete the Carbonite folders in your Interface\AddOns folder.
Well, that's a good start. You should also go to "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\"
and delete every "Carbonite.(whatever)" file in the "SavedVariables" folder. Basically, if Carbonite is in the title, delete it.

This procedure is something that should be done for any addon. If it stores a settings configuration, it probably stores it in this folder. Not all addons do it this way, but most do. If you uninstall an addon by deleting it's folder from your "AddOns" folder, and reinstall the same addon again at a later date, and the first time you start your game the addon is configured the same way it was before you uninstalled it (unless, of course, you only used the default configuration), this is why.

@Cloudspel - For your information, I remember seeing the "crbz whatever" channels in my social window chat pane before I ever installed Carbonite. Why? I don't know. I just remember seeing them there and asking my son what they meant. He didn't (at the time) know either. He was six states away on another computer and he was using Carbonite Quest, and still didn't know what they were for because they never showed up in his chat frame.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-03-10 at 11:30 PM. Reason: More Blah, Blah, Blah. 8^)

09-04-10, 08:50 AM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
they don't show up in mine, either.

09-06-10, 01:36 PM   #6
Tithulta
A Black Drake

reloading UI has fixed that for me when it crops up. Dunno if it's carbonite or not as i run a ton of addons

09-07-10, 04:08 AM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Carbonite madness claims another victim. So sad...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Do Not Use This Addon....