03-28-12, 11:06 AM   #1
rogna
A Kobold Labourer
Question out of date message

hi there i keep getting a message that carbonite is qot of date and to go on the site to see a newer version but its still the same one.
ty and all the best.

Last edited by rogna : 03-28-12 at 11:17 AM.

03-28-12, 12:57 PM   #2
kc9718
A Murloc Raider

Question Same problem - very confusing!

I logged on to WoW a few minutes ago, and saw a message saying "Your Carbonite is pretty old" and a recommendation to visit carboniteaddon.com to download the latest version. My *CURRENT* version is 4.3, which I installed back in December, when it came out! The "Latest" version, according to the website, is 4.3, and the 'latest' download is identical in EVERY WAY to the download from back in December. So, can someone explain to me why the actual World of Warcraft program is telling me that my current version is 'pretty old' and that I need to install the LATEST version, which is the current version I already have INSTALLED?!?!?!?

Thanks for any help/clarification!!!

03-28-12, 01:32 PM   #3
kc9718
A Murloc Raider

Exclamation Solution found - Edit Carbonite.lua

Originally Posted by kc9718 View Post
I logged on to WoW a few minutes ago, and saw a message saying "Your Carbonite is pretty old" and a recommendation to visit carboniteaddon.com to download the latest version. My *CURRENT* version is 4.3, which I installed back in December, when it came out! The "Latest" version, according to the website, is 4.3, and the 'latest' download is identical in EVERY WAY to the download from back in December. So, can someone explain to me why the actual World of Warcraft program is telling me that my current version is 'pretty old' and that I need to install the LATEST version, which is the current version I already have INSTALLED?!?!?!?

Thanks for any help/clarification!!!
Finally found a workable 'solution' (see http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41866 ) - Instructions on exactly what to edit in the Carbonite.lua - HOWEVER...

Search for '120327', then change it to '130327' and the 'pretty old' message in WoW goes away. Just remember you did this, so that you can occasionally come check for a newer version on your own!

03-29-12, 07:25 AM   #4
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
They put in hardcoded date to remind you to update, regardless if there is an actual update to be had. :P "120327" year, month, day.

03-29-12, 11:16 AM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
They put in hardcoded date to remind you to update, regardless if there is an actual update to be had. :P "120327" year, month, day.
Damn! And, after all this time... I finally had my hopes up again! Geesh.

03-29-12, 11:51 AM   #6
timberly
A Defias Bandit
I am trying to get rid of the out of date message as well, and am trying to follow the message you linked to...but for some reason I cannot find the numbers "111122". But again I am not finding an actual carbonite.ua either...can anyone tell me how to find this please? Much thanks

03-29-12, 04:34 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by timberly View Post
I am trying to get rid of the out of date message as well, and am trying to follow the message you linked to...but for some reason I cannot find the numbers "111122". But again I am not finding an actual carbonite.ua either...can anyone tell me how to find this please? Much thanks
Go to your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder, and look for the "Carbonite.lua" file.

Back the file up, and change the copy so that you will have the original to put back in place if you experience any problems.

Open that file and search for 120327, not the numbers in the other thread. Those numbers equate to YearMonthDay. The day the message started was 2012, March 27, or 120327. Change it to 130327, save the changes, and you should be good to go.

In my "Carbonite.lua" file, they are on line 18168, but I've seen different lines for the same things in Lua files from the same addon before, so...... Hopefully, that is not the case here.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

03-29-12, 06:06 PM   #8
timberly
A Defias Bandit
Wink

Thank you so, so much! Worked like a charm

03-29-12, 08:54 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

04-12-12, 11:31 PM   #10
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You're welcome. Glad I could help.
Thank you also!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » out of date message