01-12-12, 10:58 AM   #1
Strumpbyxor
A Murloc Raider
What UI is this?

The UI was identified as VibridUI, all thanks to Be3f. for pointing that out to me.

It appears that the guy who uploaded the picture at WoW UI Gallery never uploaded his work and as such there are no downloads of it, as far as I know.

After some intense searching I managed to track down the border file used in his UI and I have attached it to this post, as the addon it came from appears to have been discontinued. (GlassUnitFrames)

Anyway, I won't be uploading the UI because it wouldn't feel right to do so. But it won't be too difficult or time consuming trying to replicate it yourself if you would want it.

A picture of how my replication of the UI (work in progress): http://i.imgur.com/5V73B.jpg
There will be a few tweaks from the VibridUI but yeah.. enjoy?

Note: You will have to remove the .txt extension from the file for it to be usable.

Originally Posted by Original Post
Anyone know what UI this is?

http://i.imgur.com/zQW0C.jpg

I know it might not even be a released one, if that's the case, I don't suppose anyone would be able to help me get borders like those?
I fell in love with them completely! I would try to make them myself but I am absolutely horrid with making borders.

I'd love any help! <3
Attached Files
File Type: txt glassborder.tga.txt (8.0 KB, 1012 views)

Last edited by Strumpbyxor : 01-15-12 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Updated post, typo.

01-12-12, 01:35 PM   #2
Be3f.
A Theradrim Guardian

http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/vibridui

Not available for download, but an addon list can be found there.

01-12-12, 11:34 PM   #3
Strumpbyxor
A Murloc Raider
Amazing, thanks a lot Be3f.!

I might be able to track down the maker of the UI now with some luck.

<3

01-13-12, 08:56 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you check one of the posts on that page, he/she states the addon he used to snag the glass borders from was called Glass Unit Frames. In my search for those I found out that they are no longer available for download (they use to be on Curse as Simple Glass Unit Frames). Perhaps someone who still has a copy of those laying around on their hard drive will catch this thread.

Sharp looking glass borders.... I really do love those.

01-13-12, 09:50 AM   #5
Strumpbyxor
A Murloc Raider
Holy chipmunk! I actually did manage to find GlassUnitFrames after quite a tedious searching session.. If anyone would want it just send me a PM, I'd post it here but it doesn't feel right to post someone else's work and I have no idea if it would be allowed, with it being a seemingly dead addon.

01-13-12, 10:25 AM   #6
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Strumpbyxor View Post
Holy chipmunk! I actually did manage to find GlassUnitFrames after quite a tedious searching session.. If anyone would want it just send me a PM, I'd post it here but it doesn't feel right to post someone else's work and I have no idea if it would be allowed, with it being a seemingly dead addon.
It is probably fine to post just the border file, but not the full AddOn.

01-13-12, 11:41 AM   #7
Strumpbyxor
A Murloc Raider
Hmm, good point. Any tips on how I should post it? I was thinking I could attach it to the post but sadly .tga files weren't supported. I'd upload it as a .zip but maybe that looks a bit sketchy coming from someone that just recently signed up.

01-14-12, 08:32 PM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Just rename the file to BlahBlah.tga.txt and attach it, with a note telling people to remove the .txt extension.

Edit:
ZIP is a well-established, standardized, and nonexecutable format that is easily scanned by any antivirus or antimalware software worth using. Also, I believe all forum attachments are put through the same server-side virus/malware scan as addon file uploads. If anyone is worried about it, they can simply not download it.

Last edited by Phanx : 01-14-12 at 08:35 PM.

01-14-12, 09:36 PM   #9
Strumpbyxor
A Murloc Raider
Aha, brilliant idea, never would've thought about that myself.

I updated the main post with the border for those that would want it.
Just remove the .txt extension so that all that remains is the glassborder.tga file.

01-15-12, 06:50 AM   #10
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Strumpbyxor View Post
Aha, brilliant idea, never would've thought about that myself.

I updated the main post with the border for those that would want it.
Just remove the .txt extension so that all that remains is the glassborder.tga file.
Well done, pantyhose!

01-15-12, 01:25 PM   #11
Strumpbyxor
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
Well done, pantyhose!
<3

And I just noticed someone actually posted a link to this thread at the wowuigallery link that Be3f. provided. But I will have to say that I won't be uploading my version of it anywhere, it wouldn't feel right. It's fairly simple to replicate the VibridUI with the border that I attached to my first post.

I didn't do too good of a job replicating it just yet, but then again that was only like 10 minutes of work, if even that. But I do intend on making it more accurate, with twists of my own. I'll update the main post with a new picture as I work some more on it.

01-17-12, 04:00 AM   #12
Greensleeper
A Defias Bandit
Ello,

can anyone tell me what skin is used for buttonfacade in this ui?

01-17-12, 07:01 AM   #13
Strumpbyxor
A Murloc Raider
I'm not too sure about the one in VibridUI, but some random player claims that it could be "either Reinatre or Trinity or even Onyx". (Source)

The one in my replication of the UI is Darion, but this one will be changed.

Last edited by Strumpbyxor : 01-17-12 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Accidently wrote Darion as both skins, corrected myself.

01-17-12, 02:50 PM   #14
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

The glass border is one thing, but I find his bar texture and color the most sexy, replicate that and you are on to something.

01-17-12, 07:04 PM   #15
Strumpbyxor
A Murloc Raider
That's actually what I'm working on right now.

Sadly I just don't have as much time to tinker around with it as much as I would want to, but with some luck I -should- have this entire weekend free to do so.

08-05-12, 06:09 PM   #16
Narkis
A Kobold Labourer
I suck at making UI's But I really like this, has anyone made this that is willing to share it pls?

08-05-12, 08:50 PM   #17
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Narkis, I don't think anyone is working on it, since it's been dead for this long. You should probably try to find another that you like.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » What UI is this?