08-20-09, 03:27 AM   #1
Lunarion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hiding PlayerFrame

I'll start out by saying that am a complete lua idiot and really don't know much other than how to edit very simple things. I have a feeling that what I'm looking to do isn't as hard as I think it is, but I'm just missing it completely. Anywhos, I use the oUF_Nivaya layout which I love quite a bit. I'm looking to edit it slightly however to fit my UI. All I want to do is show/hide the player frame based on being in combat, being in a group/raid, or having a target.

It should hide when I'm out of combat, have no target, or am not in a group.

It should show when I am in combat, have a target, or am in a group.

Could anyone help me out here? Or point me in the direction of a place that could help me? I've tried playing in the code myself, but I know for a fact that I'm doing it wrong. I'd post what I've been trying, but it'd be embaressing.

Last edited by Lunarion : 08-20-09 at 03:31 AM.
08-20-09, 04:06 AM   #2
Dainton
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
oUF_BarFader will do the target and combat thing, but not the group. Closest and easiest fix I can think of for you.
08-20-09, 05:11 AM   #3
Lunarion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Edit2: So apparently I'm just an idiot and had some syntax errors and didn't have 'display lua errors' enabled. The only catch is that it fades and reappears a little behind the target window, but I can live with that. Sorry for wasting your time! XD

---

Edit: Alright, so I managed to get it working, however because my buffs and debuffs are attached to the player frame, it is showing whenever a buff or debuff updates even outside of combat or having a target, at least I think that is what it's happening.

Is there any way to make it ignore the buff/debuff updates?

---

That plugin was actually the first thing I tried.

I added it to the OptionalDeps. That didn't work. I then tried adding:

Code:
  --[[ oUF_BarFader support ]]
    if(unit=="player" and IsAddOnLoaded("oUF_BarFader")) then
        self.BarFade = true
        self.BarFaderMinAlpha = 0
        self.BarFaderMaxAlpha = 1
end
:to the oUF_Nivaya.lua config which also didn't work. I may have done that wrong. Using that would be fine, and make my life easy, but it hates me.

Last edited by Lunarion : 08-20-09 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Update
08-20-09, 06:31 AM   #4
Waverian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Code:
--[[

Shared:
	 - BarFade [boolean]
	 - BarFadeMinAlpha [value] default: 0.25
	 - BarFadeMaxAlpha [value] default: 1

--]]
Fade, not Fader.

Actually, what you have should still work since there's a default value. I dunno. Try adding a debug message to make sure that chunk of code is being called:

print('omg debug')

If you don't see that in your chat window then it's not being called for some reason. Also did you keep oUF_BarFader as an optionaldep when you added that in? If not, it's possible your layout was loaded before the plugin, meaning IsAddOnLoaded(...) would resolve to false.

Last edited by Waverian : 08-20-09 at 06:34 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Hiding PlayerFrame