12-06-11, 01:20 PM   #1
Dubosteph
A Defias Bandit
To know if tank is doing his part

healing pugs are a pain sometimes, i saw a addon once that was spamming party chat what the tank was doing , was wondering wich addon was that or a similar addon , tried the search engine but to no avail
i read some posts also
there s a difference when the tank is trying to catch up the dps race or using his mitigation spells
thx in advance
12-06-11, 09:39 PM   #2
Cowmonster
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are lots of announcement addons out there. Personally, I like "Who Taunted?" which can be configured to do a local announcement or broadcast to the group when the tank(s) use various taunt abilities. It is most useful when it announces to the group in a multi-tank situation where the tanks are swapping threat so the healers are made aware that "<tank> taunted <mob> using <ability>" which translated to healer speak means "switch to <tank> cause he's about to get his face smashed in".

The benefit of the addon for me is if I'm tanking then I can see if the other tank or a DPS taunts when they shouldn't and I can tell them to quit being dumb or I'll let them eat the dirt. In a case where I'm not tanking, but I can see the tank is not holding aggro very well and never hitting taunt then I know it is time to find a replacement tank or trade roles with the one I have.

If I remember later I'll look around and see if I can't find a few of the better ones I've run across and give you some links. If someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Author of:
Equipped Average Item Level :: ExtraBar :: Killing Blow Emote :: RecordTip
12-07-11, 08:14 AM   #3
Cowmonster
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WeeAnnounce might fit the need. I haven't tried it myself, but you may want to give it a go and see if it is what you are looking for.

Announcer is one that I wrote awhile back and I updated the TOC and the code for 4.3. It still doesn't have all the features I had planned for it because of time constraints, but perhaps it might do the trick.

Author of:
Equipped Average Item Level :: ExtraBar :: Killing Blow Emote :: RecordTip
12-10-11, 12:06 PM   #4
Dubosteph
A Defias Bandit
thx vm
much aprreciated

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » To know if tank is doing his part