02-14-12, 01:15 PM   #1
wowunderachiever
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Question Pitbull - need help with aura filters

I would like to not see the "buff" from my faction tabard among the auras that show for self buffs.

I've seen the filters section but looks daunting to me. Could someone give me a basic primer on how to filter these out?
02-14-12, 07:30 PM   #2
Kitjan
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
hehe, it is a little daunting, but it is also very powerful. I've been quite happy with what I've been able to build with it.

Just for clarity, we're talking about /pb, Modules, Aura->Aura filter editor, advanced.

To start with, figure out on "paper" what you want the filter to do. Let's say you want to see "all buffs except the ones in this list" (This would typically way too many, but it's a fine example.) Well, this is a super simple example that only needs one rule. Create a new rule set its filter type to blacklist, enter in the auras you don't want to see, and then use that rule as your filter. But that's a really permissive rule, you'll see everything from hots to trinket procs.

If you're already using one of the built-in filters, like "Default buffs", but want to add extra filtering to it, you need to make two rules. First make the same rule as above, a blacklist rule with the auras you don't want to see. Then make a new master rule, maybe call it "Underachiever Buff List" or something. This will be a meta filter type. For the first filter, choose Default buffs. Set the Operator to AND. For the next filter, choose your blacklist rule, and the third filter should be none.

Some other things to know that confused me the first time editing filters: in wow, "player" means you and only you. "target" means your current target.

My debuff filter is "caster not friend" and "not dispellable" and "ignored debuffs" or "extra friend debuffs". Caster not friend is "caster enemy" or "caster unknown". "Caster enemy" is a caster type filter set to "is enemy". "caster unknown" is a caster type filter set to "is unknown". "not dispellable" is an aura type filter set to curse, disease, and poison. "ignored debuffs" is a blacklist of stuff I don't care about, and "extra friend debuffs" is a whitelist of player-cast debuffs I do care about (like Deep Corruption in Dragon Soul. This whitelist can be edited from the "simple" aura filter editor.)

The end result is a debuff list that shows me what a healer cares about in 95% of all fights without needing per-fight tweaking. Let me know if you have other questions!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Pitbull - need help with aura filters