08-11-06, 06:29 PM   #1
Seraphine
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
More! MORE! More friends!

So basically I tried adding a new friend.

It gave me an error - "You don't have room for anymore friends." I jumped out of my chair.

Is there a mod that lets me add more friends?
08-15-06, 01:03 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I could be wrong, but I don't think this is possible.

It is possible for an addon to give you more ignore list entries. These addons work by filtering out text, emotes, invites, etc. from people on your extended ignore list.

In order for an addon to give you additional friends, it would have to monitor online and offline status, be able to update location information when you opened your friends window, etc. The only way I can think of to do something like this would be to constantly run /who queries for your "extra" friends. Now, since the server will only allow one /who query every 3 seconds, this means that the more "extra" friends you had, the longer it would take to check up on each of them, and the less accurate your extended friends list would be. Even if you only had one "extra" friend, you'd only get an update every 3 seconds, so you wouldn't be able to get instant notification when they logged on or off. If you had two "extra" friends, you'd only get an update every 6 seconds for each one. And so on and so on. With ten "extra" friends you'd only update each one every 30 seconds. So while this is theoretically possible, it isn't very practical.

Just out of curiosity, how many friends do you have?
08-16-06, 01:29 AM   #3
Seraphine
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I didn't count but the list says... You don't have anymore rooms for friends.
08-16-06, 02:15 AM   #4
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
You can currently have but 50 friends, but in 1.12 that amount will be doubled to 100

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » More! MORE! More friends!