08-04-07, 10:28 AM   #1
Scath
A Defias Bandit
Question Replacing Titan panel

Im currently debating on replaceing my Titan panel but im having no luck finding one thats better ive tried fubar and all that but really i didnt like it as much as Titans

Any help would be nice
08-04-07, 10:49 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
FuBar > Titan. More plugins, better code, more support/updates, more flexible (did you know you could have however many fubars you wanted on your screen of any size in any location?), etc, etc. And if it's the art of Titan that you like, there's a plug in that adds that can make your fubar have that art, too.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-04-07, 10:58 AM   #3
Scath
A Defias Bandit
Thanks alot seerah didnt kno fubar could do that stuff guess id better get some more pluggins for my fubar then
08-04-07, 12:35 PM   #4
einherjan
Premium Member

Premium Member
I'd also suggest that you download http://www.wowace.com/wiki/WowAceUpdater, which will allow you to update fubar and it's plugins fast and painless. Ace is the official distro for Fubar.

Fubar is amazing. I used to use titan like many people. Until I started having a lot of issues with Titan. I switched to Fubar and I no longer had any issues.

Recommended Plugins:
MoneyFu
BagFu
DurabilityFu
ExperienceFu
MailFu
ClockFu

Many of your already popular addons also support fubar plugins. Such as: Prat (Ace), Clearfont2 (Ace), WIM, Atlas, Atlas Loot Enhanced, and nQuestlog (Ace), as well as many others.
08-05-07, 05:17 AM   #5
Mikari
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm in a similar situation, currently using Titan panel and would like to switch to a better performing mod. The thing with fubar is I can't make it look exactly like Titan Panel, I don't just mean the texture I mean stuff like the text colour on the bars, I'd like that to be white but if you select no colour on fubar you just get yellow. Is there any easy way to change the text colour on fubar, or where in the LUA would you edit the text colour?

This is my Titan Panel layout, I'd like to reproduce it pretty much but like I said you can't have white font, or have text instead of icons to show what plugin does what, unless I'm missing some options in fubar

08-05-07, 05:25 AM   #6
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Depends on the plugin. Some have an option called "Show Colored text" and that controls whether it's white or red/green/white/blue/whatever. Aside from that, you might have to edit the LUA code... don't quote me on that though. I haven't tried to change my FuBar text in a LONG (since switching from Titan) time.

08-05-07, 08:57 AM   #7
Mikari
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gemini_II
Depends on the plugin. Some have an option called "Show Colored text" and that controls whether it's white or red/green/white/blue/whatever. Aside from that, you might have to edit the LUA code... don't quote me on that though. I haven't tried to change my FuBar text in a LONG (since switching from Titan) time.
On the plugins I've used which is location, ammo, performance and money changing the "show coloured text" option just changes it from gold to yellow.

I've tried looking through the LUA but can't seem to find where the colour is set up for the text.
08-05-07, 04:26 PM   #8
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Sorry, but I won't be much help in the coding department. I'd just say go with it. Use FuTextures to make it look like anything and get used to the different color text. It's a very small price to pay for the huge benefits (better performance, updates, tons more plugins, etc).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Replacing Titan panel