10-24-12, 05:43 PM   #1
unstoppixel
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Question Quest Database

Seems most of the quests are still coming up as not found in the quest database (oranged out radio button in the watcher frame). Is this still on the to-do list, or am I missing something?

10-26-12, 05:52 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
its still on the todo list I believe Rythal is working on the getting the Maps part of Carbonite working then he will work on the Quests part of Carbonite which is a MASSIVE task to say the least afaik.

10-26-12, 08:17 AM   #3
Barnaby B. Barclay
A Murloc Raider

Lightbulb Substitute

Originally Posted by unstoppixel View Post
Seems most of the quests are still coming up as not found in the quest database
I'd suggest using WoW-Pro leveling addon until the Carbonite quest database is updated. It's another great free option. It will even set your arrow for quest locations, as Carbonite is compatible with TomTom. The addon includes leveling guides for every zone, as well as dailies, professions, and holidays.

Note: for some reason it wouldn't let me put a link in, but you can download this addon from their site at wow-pro . com or on curse.com... oddly, I can't find it on WoWInterface.

Last edited by Barnaby B. Barclay : 10-26-12 at 08:24 AM.

10-26-12, 04:53 PM   #4
Cherle
A Defias Bandit
Wait what? He's doing the map first? Are you kidding me? What was the point of having the vote then? The majority of the community clearly wants quests fixed over the map FIRST.

10-26-12, 06:17 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The question in the poll was quests or "Map as it's own addon", not just Maps.

I have been doing fixes to Carbonite as a whole which covers Maps, and Quests just to make the addon usable in the mean time because it is not going to be an easy task nor one that I can snap my fingers and have finished.

I will admit openly I am having second thoughts about doing quests first even tho I asked what people want, only because I can tear apart the quest system and rebuild it so it works, but what will that gain me... i'll have no map to display quest information on without having done the singular map addon first. But I might do it anyways just because it is what won the vote.

I'm also thinking about adding micro-dungeon support to the existing product before I start doing the rebuilds.

10-26-12, 07:55 PM   #6
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
You may want to look at the Grail addon to use as a quest database.

10-27-12, 06:05 AM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
You may want to look at the Grail addon to use as a quest database.
I would really second that thought. Why try to reinvent the wheel when someone has already created a nice high performance radial on some sweet 20" alloy rims. Not to mention they are constantly polishing those alloys to keep em shiny.

Wholly and the Grail db are what I used to replace Carb because I no longer wanted nor used all the features it had. Not to mention the update issues etc.

10-27-12, 10:25 AM   #8
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
the thing with using grail as a backend db is it's missing the information for the one thing almost everyone seems to want from carbonite quests... self generated questblobs.

I can call on blizzards blobs of any quest regardless if your on it or not but I can't color them doing it that way, so I need a quest database that has the blobs information aswell so I can draw my own.

10-27-12, 02:31 PM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
the thing with using grail as a backend db is it's missing the information for the one thing almost everyone seems to want from carbonite quests... self generated questblobs.

I can call on blizzards blobs of any quest regardless if your on it or not but I can't color them doing it that way, so I need a quest database that has the blobs information aswell so I can draw my own.
If that's the primary reason not to use a db like Grail, then I'd be curious how hard it would be for Grail to include that information. Which way would be easier and have the most complete db? Grail adding (if it can) quest blob information or redoing Carb's quest db to include all quests, zones, and blobs?

10-27-12, 03:03 PM   #10
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
Assuming the future Carbonite is not just going to make use of Blizzard's internal POI information, and need to provide its own blob information I am sure Grail could be extended with a loadable addon to have that information.

Rythal, if you have an example of some of this information that is associated with Carbonite currently, you can send me some and I can see what it is and how Grail could "host" it. I am going to assume for any quest you may have more than one blob (or specific X,Y coords), and you may have an order in which these blobs should be done. However, if you have any other types of requirements that would be good to know.

10-28-12, 07:29 PM   #11
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

^ Author of Grail by any chance? Nice to see interest.... perhaps some collaboration can get going...

10-30-12, 05:40 PM   #12
xmanii
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
^ Author of Grail by any chance? Nice to see interest.... perhaps some collaboration can get going...
Wish we could upvote comments, as in reddit.....

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Database