02-09-10, 11:00 AM   #1
Elegantprose
An Aku'mai Servant

Looking for Addon Suggestion for MT Windows

I've always used Ora2 for all it's raid functions and MT windows, but with the addition of Ora3 our guild is moving away from Ora2 so I'm looking for a option to have the same effect of Ora2 for MT windows but as a exterior application.

Ora3 doesn't do that anymore.

I use Pitbull is there a way of using PB to produce the MT frames?

Anyways open to suggestions, i'll keep trying to figure it out otherwise.

Oh and before people say Base unit frames are good...i really hate the base UI so please don't bother saying it ><
02-09-10, 12:25 PM   #2
Terranell
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi Elegant,

You say you're using Pitbull, I assume it's PB4. You can set main tank frames up with it using the groups section. Create a group as normal, set it's Unit group to 'Raid' and then switch to the filtering tab and set the drop down that appears to "Main tanks".
02-09-10, 12:27 PM   #3
Starinnia
Ninja Code Monkey
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can use Pitbull4 for MT frames.

Make a new group with the unit set to Raid. Under the filter tab of the new group, choose Filter by Main Tank. Then apply a layout like you would for any other frame.

You can make MT-Target frames similarly, but use Raid-Target for the unit group.

(I hope this is all correct, going from memory since my server is down and I can't check :P)

Bah, was beaten by 2 min.. darn slow typing.
02-09-10, 12:28 PM   #4
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I'm pretty sure Pitbull4 has MT frames based on the tanks specified on the Blizzard raid tab and the sorted list provided by oRA3.
02-09-10, 01:40 PM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Who's Tanking Frames (WTF for short) is one of the addons that sprung up to cover for that deficiency in oRA3.

If you're looking for a standalone (oUF-embedded based).
02-09-10, 01:41 PM   #6
Elegantprose
An Aku'mai Servant

ya i believe i'm using PB3 but it could be 4 i'll check it out thou thanks..can PB3 config be used with PB4 or will i be starting from scratch again?
02-09-10, 01:56 PM   #7
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Pitbull4 was a major rewrite, so your Pitbull3 config will not work. You will need to reconfigure your frames again, but you should find the configuration options layed out in a better format than in pitbull3
02-10-10, 05:46 AM   #8
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you're still using PitBull3, you seriously need to move away from it. Not only is it no longer supported, but PitBull4 is far better performance-wise and the configuration takes a fraction of the time.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for Addon Suggestion for MT Windows