04-16-13, 05:45 AM   #21
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Definitely going to be very useful. One of the biggest time-wasters I spent while learning WoW Lua was constantly having to look up the API info, so having that info in the editor will save people a LOT of time
Yeah thats what i hope!

i am a newb when it comes to programming, and looking up related API's to what i try to accomplish is a pain in the butt. so i thought - yeah maybe this takes really long time and requires some updates now and then but still it would be worth it in the end + others could have the pleasure of it.

also when i'm done with all the Global API's, Widget API's etc updating can be done with ease!

any API that requires some events to be fired will also include a nextpage/prevpage button which can tell even more detailed instructions on each event required to make it functional.

e.g. a API requires some sort of EVENT to be fired before it becomes functional, to those API's there will be a next button and previous button which can be clicked to see the Related Events and their Description, Arguments and Returns.

This is alot of work and i don't think i'm done till the end of this month.

EDIT: Or if WoWprogramming shows an example, the example will be included to the calltip aswell - like so:

The next/prev button is those at the topleft of the calltip.

Last edited by fRodzet : 04-16-13 at 07:18 AM.
04-23-13, 08:00 AM   #22
JTF195
A Defias Bandit
Sounds like a really great idea. I would definitely use it.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Would this be useful to anyone else but me? :) NotePad++ Question!