09-30-15, 01:18 PM   #21
Gryns
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
As far as I can tell there is no CVar for disabling your target's name.

Turning nameplates on is the only thing that hides it, and since nameplates aren't always visible (such as when it's dead or out of range) and the only other solution I can think of is removing the font entirely (which is used in other areas of the interface), I don't think this can reasonably be done.
Yeah , that is pretty much what I figured as well. I guess I'll have to get used to them. Thanks for the help, both of you. My interface feels a lot cleaner now, and pretty much everything I wanted has been answered and/or solved.

Thanks again!

Gryns
09-29-16, 04:14 PM   #22
Finuvar
A Defias Bandit
This is great. I've been looking all over the place for this.

Is there a way you could prepare this so that anybody can install it easily? My knowledge on scripts and addons is very limited so I can't do it myself.

Big Thanks in advance!
09-29-16, 09:13 PM   #23
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can use this page to turn any working code snippet into an addon ready for installation:

http://addon.bool.no/
09-30-16, 05:44 AM   #24
Finuvar
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the quick reply! I tried it out by making a huge spaghetti of copy paste, and I can get it to do some of the things, but not all of them. I also tried Cloudy Tool Tip, which sometimes removes the realm tag from the name, sometimes from the guild name, and sometimes not at all. I'll keep trying other things now, though frankly, I'm sure someone has come up with a better solution than I ever will.

Thanks again!

EDIT; I'm also using PhanxChat, which removes the tag from all things chat related. I'd love to find a way to also remove the tag from system messages, emotes and hell if possible even battlegrounds. I know for a lot of people this will be nitpicky, but much like the OP, I dislike all the clutter it causes.

Last edited by Finuvar : 09-30-16 at 05:47 AM.
10-25-16, 11:09 AM   #25
Gryns
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Sorry for the late reply, but I added the (customized) addons I used to make it work for me. If you can't get the attachment somehow, here's the link.

Just unzip them, and add them to your AddOns folder. I haven't played in a while though, so I don't know if they will work with the new patch.

Good luck!

Gryns
Attached Files
File Type: zip AddOns.zip (6.9 KB, 113 views)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Getting rid of realm suffixes