Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08-30-12, 12:50 AM   #15
Shefki
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Amarande View Post
Pitbull's configuration options are pitifully few (the configuration interface that was indicated would be introduced after 4.0.3 never made it to release, making it impossible to customise more than a few of the once many options PB had). The community is simply very lucky that Shadowed Unit Frames has been still maintained.
I realize I'm bumping a relatively older thread but I just stumbled upon this thread and feel that the above must be responded to. PitBull4's configuration is more than PitBull3 ever had. The only thing that broke during Cataclysm and that I never got fixed until here recently was the config mode (edit: all config mode did was make it easier to see what you're doing when you weren't in a situation that would display the frames, e.g. easier to edit party frames without finding people to make a group while you worked on them)

If someone had actually done the work to fix it, I would have been happy to apply the fix or add them to the repo so they could work on things on their own.

PitBull4 is All Rights Reserved for the reasons already given by others in this thread. Without doing ARR I have absolutely no leverage against people abusing the addon. Most disturbing, if someone adds malicious code I have no recourse with an open source license.

I'm a firm believer in open source, but it simply doesn't work within this community since there are people who are more than willing to abuse popular addons.

Last edited by Shefki : 08-30-12 at 12:59 AM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » A Suggestion to Authors/WoWI on Future-Directed Licencing