12-21-09, 10:47 PM   #1
gamemasterfr
A Defias Bandit
Key Bind Bug - Trying to help anyways >.>

TLDR: I think nUI_LeftUnitBar needs to key bind to MULTIACTIONBAR3 instead of MULTIACTIONBAR4 (and vice versa for nUI_RightUnitBar) and might be causing some of the key bind issues going on (Among other things of course). Also was wondering if you didn't assign back the "1,2,3...= keys" to ActionBar1-ActionBar= (and instead just released the bindings) if it might help that issue as well due to the fact that if these aren't listed at all in bindings-cache WoW "recreates" them.

FULL:
I've been playing around with the [ World of Warcraft > WTF > Account > {your account } bindings-cache.wtf ] file. I've found out that you can have an in combat and out of combat key set. BindingMode 0 is out of combat, BindingMode 1 is in combat. BindingMode 1 is something I've been tweaking with and if it wouldn't get overwritten when saved as 0 my keybindings would be just fine. Anyways let's look at what i have.

BINDINGMODE 0
bind BUTTON3 CLICK nUI_BottomRightBar_Button4:LeftButton
bind BUTTON4 MULTIACTIONBAR4BUTTON10
bind 1 ACTIONBUTTON1
bind 2 ACTIONBUTTON2
bind 3 ACTIONBUTTON3
bind 4 ACTIONBUTTON4
bind 5 ACTIONBUTTON5
bind 6 ACTIONBUTTON6
bind F TOGGLEAUTORUN
bind C WatchYourBack
bind SHIFT-SPACE EXAMINER_TARGET
bind ' CLICK nUI_BottomLeftBar_Button1:LeftButton
bind BUTTON5 MULTIACTIONBAR4BUTTON9
bind . CLICK nUI_BottomLeftBar_Button3:LeftButton
BINDINGMODE 1
bind BUTTON3 CLICK nUI_BottomRightBar_Button4:LeftButton
bind BUTTON4 CLICK nUI_LeftUnitBar_Button10:LeftButton
bind 1 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button1:LeftButton
bind 2 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button2:LeftButton
bind 3 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button3:LeftButton
bind 4 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button4:LeftButton
bind 5 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button5:LeftButton
bind 6 CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button6:LeftButton
bind F TOGGLEAUTORUN
bind C WatchYourBack
bind SHIFT-SPACE EXAMINER_TARGET
bind ' CLICK nUI_BottomLeftBar_Button1:LeftButton
bind BUTTON5 CLICK nUI_LeftUnitBar_Button9:LeftButton
bind . CLICK nUI_BottomLeftBar_Button3:LeftButton
The first thing I'd like to point out is LeftUnitBar and BottomLeftBar seem to save key bindings differently, I'm sure this is in the code but I don't want to go searching for this at the moment. My key binds for ' . and middle mouse button stay the same, my key binds for my two buttons on the side of my mouse go to MULTIACTIONBAR4's. When the key binding bug happens and I lose my binds I don't lose my ' . and middle mouse button but i do lose my 2 side buttons, they actually flip from using my spells on LeftUnitBar to RightUnitBar. I think the LeftUnitBar needs to save to "MULTIACTIONBAR3" instead of "MULTIACTIONBAR4" and it would fix this problem. RightUnitBar prob needs 4 instead of 3.
The second thing I notice is that if "bind 1 ACTIONBUTTON1" is left out it automatically binds 1 to AB1. If there is a way to check which button 1 through = is assigned to you could have nui make the bind 1 through = keys just null out instead of assigning 1 to AB1 and so on which perhaps might fix the error going on at the moment of 1 through = becoming unbound. After playing with it for awhile I now don't lose 1 through = as the default keybinds that I have them set up with so I'm not 100% certain with what is going on with these keys.

I hope this was of some help though after typing/reading/testing that I'm unsure if I should even post it

12-22-09, 12:24 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had keybind issues after deleting the Cache folder, renaming/moving the Interface and WTF folders and running the game with a fresh Interface and WTF folder.... essentially running with the default UI and no addons in the Addons folder. I also tested saving the keybinds both locally and server side, still had the issue.

This is why I believe that it's a Blizzard bug. However, nUI may be exacerbating it. Look at my screenshot.... all of my keybinds are totally gone from the actionbars, even though they are still listed in the Keybinds menu.

I did mention this bug in on the WoW official Bug Report forums, and they said they had not seen any new reports of it since the new patch... which means Blizzard is fully aware that this is an issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120709_141614.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	485.8 KB
ID:	3728  

12-22-09, 06:19 AM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Changing which bar buttons are mapped to is not going to "fix" the problem, just which bar which buttons show up on. Keep in mind that nUI has been around for over 18 months now and this problem just suddenly appeared... if the issue was which bar I was mapping to, it would have been an issue the whole time.

The bottom line is that there is some event occurring server side which is resetting the key binds to default and/or erasing key binds. There's also some event that is failing to trigger updates of the key bind legends on the action bars.

I can see now that bartender is getting around this by saving their own key bind data (not using the server) and by updating the key faces in spite of instructions from the server. I *may* do this as a temporary fix, but I don't like it... nUI has always strived to stay compatible with the Blizz interface which is exactly why it has been so stable on patch days.

I'm still digging into it for a solution that can be relied on.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-22-09, 06:04 PM   #4
gamemasterfr
A Defias Bandit
Screenshot of bugged:

Screenshot of good:

I only lose half my bindings, i keep my . , and middle mouse button (left and right bottom bars respectively) and lose 1-=. My LeftUnitBar's bindings end up flipping to my RightUnitBar's although you don't actually see Nui showing this. So instead of using shadowfury and rain of fire i get to open up Jewelcrafting and Smelting. Fixing this wouldn't keep people from losing their bindings but I think it would fix having bindings bound to different action buttons.

edit: photobucket resizes my images making my bindings hard to see...

Last edited by gamemasterfr : 12-22-09 at 06:35 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Key Bind Bug - Trying to help anyways >.>