10-21-10, 12:36 AM   #1
twiztidangel15530
A Kobold Labourer
Question Windows 7 Healbot addon Help Please!

I have windows 7 and cannot seem to get the new healbot to work. I tried doing it like i did last time and saving to the desktop and coping upzipped files to the addons folder. There is no other healbot in there, i deleted it and also there are not 2 subfolders. Its something crazy to do with windows 7. My friend got it to work last time but cant seem to get it this time.
10-21-10, 02:10 AM   #2
Nightspirit
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by twiztidangel15530 View Post
I have windows 7 and cannot seem to get the new healbot to work. I tried doing it like i did last time and saving to the desktop and coping upzipped files to the addons folder. There is no other healbot in there, i deleted it and also there are not 2 subfolders. Its something crazy to do with windows 7. My friend got it to work last time but cant seem to get it this time.
What is the exact problem?
  • You copied the folder Healbot to Addons folder? (I mean not just the files)
  • You saw Healbot in Addon list after WoW login?
  • If above is true, and error ingame, or just Can't see healbot onscreen?
10-21-10, 12:44 PM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Did you install WoW to your "Program Files" folder?

If so, your addons are actually in another folder - somewhere under C:\Users\, but I can't remember exactly where. :-(
10-21-10, 01:58 PM   #4
Minerv
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Yeah, like Taryble said, it's under another folder. Default is "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft"
10-21-10, 06:28 PM   #5
adracamas
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
^^
What he said. If it IS in another directory and you're afraid to move it around then open the root from WoW (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)) and right click on the WoW folder.. hit properties.. then un-check read-only or set it up as a share with full privileges for you (current user) and of course give no-one else access for security reasons. also, make sure you are indeed copying the files to the correct directory (..\WoW\Interface\addons\) and not just into (..\WoW\interface\)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Windows 7 Healbot addon Help Please!