11-04-12, 12:52 PM   #1
Reckles
A Defias Bandit

Reckles UI - Fury Warrior

Hey all. So, this is my work in progress UI, although it's mostly finished. Any tips or advice are greatly appreciated. I'm going for a minimalist Alt-Z look, with only the information that would actually change my rotation or play style displayed. So map, extra bars, recount, etc are available on hover or request, but other than that it's open. I feel like my chat pane is still a little awkward (using prat) and my raid frames need some work. Buffs/debuffs are stock/boring as well, and I'd like some kind of tellmewhen pop up when my target is casting something interruptable. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

UI Mounted

UI Combat

UI Combat + TMW (execute phase, Bloodbath 12 sec, Colossus Smash avail+CS 6s window)

UI Hidden Stuff 1

UI Hidden Stuff 2

UI Raid combat (needs work, help!)

Thanks again for the help.
Addons:
Chat- Prat 3.0
Bars- Bartender4
Buttons- Masque + Masque: Renaitre
Health Bars- Pitbull
Rage Bar (lower left side)- Comergy
Map- Sexymap
Notifications- TellMeWhen
11-05-12, 01:58 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Most of this is related to your raid screenshot, since that's the one that made me cringe the most.

Too many different fonts -- chat frame, unit frames, Recount all using different fonts. Pick one and use it everywhere. Make one exception somewhere if you want -- for example, if you want a more decorative font but find it too hard to read chat, use a readable font in the chat frame, and the decorative font everywhere else; if you want a readable font everywhere, you could use a more decorative font for the damage/healing text over people's heads.

Too many different bar textures -- raid frames, unit frames, and BG timer bars all using different textures. Pick one and use it everywhere.

What's with the random empty space to the right of the buffs? Either put something in that space, or move the buffs over.

Raid frames are enormous and incredibly cluttered. You're a warrior; you don't need to see health text, debuffs (you can't dispel any), buffs, or power bars.

Too much stuff overlapping in the lower right corner. Try moving the BG map over to the left, and move the tooltip up.

I don't really like the multiple rows of round buttons. The huge gaps between them just don't work. Also, I don't know what's up with the gigantic button to the right of the bars, but it looks like a condom and doesn't really match anything else.

I'm guessing the transparent minimap is intentional, but it just looks broken. If you want it hidden but still accessible in combat, try making it show on mouseover, or while some modifier key is pressed.
11-05-12, 09:01 AM   #3
Reckles
A Defias Bandit

Phanx, you're awesome (albeit blunt, lol).

Fonts- groovy, I'll work on that. Honestly never would have thought about how this would bring everything together.

Bar textures- Good catch. I don't know how to change BG timer bars, but I'll get on it. Turns out I didn't have xperl on when I took the screenshot and raid frames have gone to hell since then, but a more unified look would definitely help. Thanks.

What's with the random empty space to the right of the buffs? - Yah, so the empty space was where the minimap was, and I don't know how to move them? Any advice? Someone in guild said something about....Satrina? Would that allow me to modify buffs?

Raid frames - while there are certain things I need to see for the occasional safeguard, I can see what you're talking about. Not gonna take everything away but I'll clean it up some.

Overlapping in lower right corner. - OMG, I can't move or disable the BG map now; I don't care about it, don't want it, ever. wtfwhywontitmove. Also, how do I change tooltip location?

I don't really like the multiple rows of round buttons. - Well, too bad, I do and it's my UI muahaha. But really, I dig it. Thanks for the input though.

Condom button/buttons - I assume you're talking about the three TellMeWhen circles. I tend to get tunnel vision when I'm learning a fight. Big bright flashing things remind me to colossus smash/apply bleeds/execute when I should. In other words, those are my raiding training wheels, lol.

Minimap - yah, I don't really care about the minimap, so it's already set to on mouseover. Quick question though, because I think I know what you're talking about. The icons displayed on the minimap don't set to on mouseover either, and kinda just show up when I don't want them there. You know how to set them to display on request, without having to go through turning on and off individual "hide x/hide y" each time I decide to track fishing pools?

Other than that, thanks for taking the time to look. Anyone else see anything?

P.S. Wait, what? You're the admin of Grid?! I...I feel like I'm talking to a celebrity. Neat! You suddenly have a lot more credibility than "random helpful internet person."

Last edited by Reckles : 11-05-12 at 09:04 AM.
11-05-12, 12:07 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can move your buffs with ShinyBuffs or BasicBuffs if that's the full extend of your needs from a buff addon.

Edit: Bg map should have a tab on top that shows on mouseover. You can use that to lock/unlock and move.
Shift+M or Shift+Space I believe is the default keybind for showing or hiding it.
You can check in the keybinds in any case. There's a chance you make it show accidentally while jumping with a modifier pressed etc, so you might want to re-bind or un-bind it after hiding it.

Last edited by Dridzt : 11-05-12 at 12:10 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Reckles UI - Fury Warrior