12-12-06, 09:37 AM   #1
jerricho
A Defias Bandit
ChatFrame Resize locked?

I used to use a mod called chatbox 1.21 and it was a great mod.

I could resize the chat frame to be any size I wanted, even the entire screen. This was handy during guild meetings and whatnot.

However it would seem that with the wow 2.0 patch chat frames, no matter which chatmod I download are locked to a specific size which seems to be around 480px wide.

Did Blizzard lock down the size of the chatframes with this latest patch or is there a way to resize the chatframe beyond where it seems to stop now?
12-15-06, 12:00 PM   #2
Sheathe
A Murloc Raider

my guess would be all the addons you are updating to are 1.X addons, as such they wont work in TBC (even with enable old addons ticked), so Blizzard is going bac to the default chat frame.

Right click the "general" tab and untick "Lock Window"
12-15-06, 10:53 PM   #3
jerricho
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Sheathe
my guess would be all the addons you are updating to are 1.X addons, as such they wont work in TBC (even with enable old addons ticked), so Blizzard is going bac to the default chat frame.

Right click the "general" tab and untick "Lock Window"
Zero mods installed and the chat frame, even when unlocked cannot be expanded beyond a certain limit.

Even with mods specifically for 2.0.

Incidently, I found that if I edited the file layout-cache.txt directly for each character, I could reset the chat frame size manually.

Next?

Last edited by jerricho : 12-15-06 at 10:55 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ChatFrame Resize locked?