09-11-07, 10:03 AM   #1
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Question Grid - Layout

I like the overall idea of Grid for healers and conserving "screen real estate", and am looking for some sort of tutorial, guide, walkthrough, etc. on how to effectively configure Grid's various options (and modules).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
09-11-07, 11:51 AM   #2
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Tried to push through some thought on this too without much luck and myself i don't use grid so don't know much about it, but i do like its look and hope someone pushes this through.

And since there already was a thread related to healer ui's i figured i'd add the link for it aswell just in case there is some update on some other frontiers

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12127
09-11-07, 12:22 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
*psst!* malcite - that's Geboran's thread.

@Geboran: Take a look through the wiki on wowace - the thread on the wowace forums is very informative, too. If you don't like the looks of Grid's Dewdrop menu, then use Niagara. Look at each of the options instead of just scanning over them. Don't get scared of all your choices - the amount of customizability is what makes Grid nice. But yeah - start with the wiki if you haven't read it yet.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-11-07, 02:18 PM   #4
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Didnt check that carefully who post what, just try to answer as best as i can, but in any case nice for others to know where to look if this thread doesn't have the info needed aswell

And btw, those wiki pages that wowace aren't always that helpful, although i gotta admit that Grid's wiki is an exception to that rule. Have a look at Quartz and you see what i mean.

But as i say, Grid is actually alot more informative, but what they all have in common is actually seeing the menu in use while explaining the functions.
09-11-07, 02:22 PM   #5
Geboran
It just seems that, with Grid, you can configure a lot of different status indicators. I would only be interested in only a few of them (ones that I can do something about) vs. other statuses that I can't.

That's why I was interested in seeing what other healers have configured for theirs, and how to best go about doing it.

It says on the Wiki that it displays information on a priority type system, so I would want to find out -- from some field-tested veterans -- what works and what doesn't work for them.
09-11-07, 02:42 PM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Geboran
It just seems that, with Grid, you can configure a lot of different status indicators. I would only be interested in only a few of them (ones that I can do something about) vs. other statuses that I can't.

That's why I was interested in seeing what other healers have configured for theirs, and how to best go about doing it.

It says on the Wiki that it displays information on a priority type system, so I would want to find out -- from some field-tested veterans -- what works and what doesn't work for them.
I'm not a vetrain in healing, but I've done SFK about a dozen times with a priest, and WC twice with my shaman, and PerfectRaid works pretty good.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-11-07, 06:12 PM   #7
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Done alot of ssc and tk:eye myself and ag_uf with the rangechecker has always been the prefered unitframes though. When you set the settings it checks what you are able to dispell/decurse and lights up members that are in need of that. It doesn't do like support like healbot the right and left click to cleanse/heal abilities however, it only shows you what you can do and if they are in range of you
09-11-07, 08:09 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's not about what's best. It's all about preference. Which is why you get about 100 different opinions on what mods to use and you would get about 100 different grid configurations.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-12-07, 07:53 AM   #9
Geboran
Originally Posted by Seerah
It's not about what's best. It's all about preference. Which is why you get about 100 different opinions on what mods to use and you would get about 100 different grid configurations.
That is true, but, as I am not all that familiar with what Grid runs as its "Default" configuration, and what I might like to see that differs (such as depleting health bars going from top to bottom), etc.

I was only in a party last night, so didn't really need to use Grid for that exactly (Clique more than handles click casting on the party / pet frames), but need to get it lined out before our raid on Friday.

I'm getting closer.

I did widen the default Grid box so that I could read a little more in each box, and that helps, too. Just need to figure out how to get the health bar to deplete going down in the box (vs. the default from right to left).
09-12-07, 08:27 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Default is not right to left unless they changed it. edit: look in the Layout settings. I thought it was in the same place where you chose the height/width.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Grid - Layout