04-07-09, 11:14 PM   #1
SirLLoydCyrus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Import/Export

i'm new to carbonite, but i'm seeing its vastness, versatility and custumizability very quickly.

i have 10 toons on one server, i'm fiddling with the options still. i found the import to character option, but for any little tweak that i want to make across all toons it can become a tedious pain. i was hoping i overlooked a checkbox that applies changes to all toons. in my opinion, this particular mod is best suited to look very similar across all character UIs. lots of options here, easy to overlook it, but i'll keep my eyes open for something.

04-08-09, 08:33 AM   #2
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Yeah, I don't understand why the default isn't to keep the same settings for all characters.

I'm not even sure I can see a reason why you'd want to have different settings for one character?

04-09-09, 12:32 PM   #3
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
I'm not even sure I can see a reason why you'd want to have different settings for one character?
I can. If you have several toons, some of which need to see herb nodes, others which need to see ore nodes, others which dont need to see either etc. Having minimap included into the carbonite map is more desireable on toons that don't gather herbs/ore than on toons that do, unless you want a large docked minimap, which you wouldn't need on a none gatherer anyway... if you see what i mean.

04-09-09, 05:50 PM   #4
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
I can. If you have several toons, some of which need to see herb nodes, others which need to see ore nodes, others which dont need to see either etc. Having minimap included into the carbonite map is more desireable on toons that don't gather herbs/ore than on toons that do, unless you want a large docked minimap, which you wouldn't need on a none gatherer anyway... if you see what i mean.
Not entirely, but i prefer blizzards system of keybindings, they are global unless you check that one of them should be character specific. It can become a really big chore having to sit and adjust 500 things on many characters (as i find as i have to resize the menus and windows etc) - oh well. If only that was the biggest problem in life.

Last edited by Spahut : 04-09-09 at 07:13 PM.

04-10-09, 10:43 PM   #5
SirLLoydCyrus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
i prefer blizzards system of keybindings, they are global unless you check that one of them should be character specific.
that or the addon system. it works IMO

04-11-09, 07:14 AM   #6
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by SirLLoydCyrus View Post
that or the addon system. it works IMO
I don't understand what you are saying?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Import/Export