12-11-09, 05:51 PM   #1
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hunter macro question

Ok so the short version is I always forget that i have aspect of the viper on when i go to attack and decided a marco would be useful.

What i have is when i mark a target with hunters mark it also puts me in aspect of the hawk (will be dragonhawk when i finally get it) which works just fine.

Code:
/cast !Aspect of the Hawk
/cast Hunter's Mark
This keeps me from toggling off the aspect if its a multi mob fight which is what i want. What I'm hoping for however is for a way to keep it from actually casting the aspect if its already up. Gets annoying to have the image flash above my head and hear the damn hawk scream constantly during multi-mob fights.

I took a browse through the API and didnt notice anything macro wise that would solve this issue. Im not opposed to using a script if needed i just have no idea about how to go about it if that is indeed the road to take.

If its not possible then ill just live with it of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
12-11-09, 06:30 PM   #2
Akryn
A Firelord
It's not possible to cast/not cast based on buffs, anymore. You could write a script (there are probably already addons for it) that will make it really obvious that you don't have hawk on when you press the macro, though.

Another possibility:

/castsequence reset=combat !aspect of the hawk, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark
12-11-09, 06:32 PM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Hehe thanks for the reply. I had a feeling it wasnt possible. Don't really need something to remind me that its not up as the macro takes care of it. Ill just live with the sound.

Much appreciated.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
12-11-09, 06:34 PM   #4
Akryn
A Firelord
The castsequence would at least limit it to once per fight.

Edit, also:

Code:
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/castsequence reset=combat !aspect of the hawk, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark, hunter's mark
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Last edited by Akryn : 12-11-09 at 06:37 PM.
12-11-09, 06:34 PM   #5
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The easier thing for me is to have something which clearly indicates if I'm in Viper or not. For me, it's an icon of Viper sitting right next to my unit frame so I can easily tell if I need to switch.
12-11-09, 07:47 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Had another thought. Is there a way to get a macro button to show the CURRENT aspect? I have them set up to respond to various mouse clicks in a macro. Or are we back in the territory of addons?

12-11-09, 08:04 PM   #7
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

why not just use this, i Do.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...pectWatch.html
12-11-09, 08:11 PM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

2 reasons. If i can do it in a macro then its one less addon to update. Second being that i do like to fiddle with macros. Once I learn something new (like the possibility i mentioned above) ill make a bunch of other macros off the concept.

It's not a memory thing or anything like that. My ui uses a mere 23mb out of 6gb.

I'm aware of the various addon options out there. If what I'm looking for isnt doable in a macro or a script then I'll have to consider going the addon route. I do however appreciate the suggestion. =)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Hunter macro question