05-03-13, 07:50 AM   #1
Thicondrius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
POI disappear in map (5.2.1 Alpha 9 revision 2)

like a mail innkeeper bank AH

anyone know fix?

05-03-13, 01:02 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
There is no fix, I redid the guide and hadn't had a chance to update the position files by that release.

I'll be doing another release soon which has it back again.

05-05-13, 04:39 AM   #3
Thicondrius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
work now tnx

05-06-13, 11:29 AM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
There is no fix, I redid the guide and hadn't had a chance to update the position files by that release.

I'll be doing another release soon which has it back again.
Rythal, will the release you mentioned be for an alpha version or a release version? I keep waiting for an updated release version, but have never seen an estimated date. Do you have one?

05-06-13, 02:33 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Alpha version.. still no eta on when I'll be shutting down carbonite, was hoping to have it done by 5.3 so I don't need to do 2 releases for it, but some parts are taking longer then I expected

Things still needed before the alpha becomes Carbonite2 and the released version:

Node database conversion
Gathermate2 import
Note system revamp
Localization started (not doing the translations, but want everything in place for it).

At that point pretty much the rewrite will be finished, and it's future in the communities hands.
I'm providing all the tools, and making it so easy people can make changes to the backend databases in there sleep..
But it does need a lot of cleanup, and additions especially in the quest area, and it's a lot of work for one person.

I'm very thankful to Jimjo who has started on the guide data now that it's rewrite is done... and i'm sure he can agree that with the new layouts, anyone can easily help out.

Last edited by Rythal : 05-06-13 at 02:48 PM.

05-08-13, 07:35 AM   #6
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thank you, Rythal! That's informative, and welcomed news!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » POI disappear in map (5.2.1 Alpha 9 revision 2)