09-24-10, 02:48 AM   #1
Tyrennis
A Defias Bandit
Gathering Problems

I am having problems with gathering using Carbonite. The flashing yellow shows a node to be right below me, yet when I land I have to run all over the place searching for it. Sometimes I cannot find it, while at other times it's like 20-30 yards away. Same goes for turning/getting quests. I have resized the minimap to fit down at bottom of my screen in the middle of my bartender. So for gathering herbs, I have to log out, turn off all carbonite and turn on Gatherer. Vice-versa when done with gathering herbs.

09-24-10, 02:52 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Well, the yellow blip is encoded by Blizzard. While Carbonite enhances it by making the blip flash, Carb cannot move it.

Are you sure your problem isn't related to a Blizzard mechanic, like phasing?

09-24-10, 03:06 AM   #3
Tyrennis
A Defias Bandit

No, not a phasing problem. Gatherer shows it exactly right on the spot, where as for Carbonite I have to look around to find it. Same thing with quests: getting some and turning some. Unless I know the NPC to talk to, it's looking all over to find the guy. This is the same from Orgrimmar to Northrend.

09-24-10, 11:16 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try this: The very next time you are gathering with Carbonite, when the node "golden BB" shows on your map, press the "alt" key. This will show you the Blizzard minimap inside the Carbonite minimized map, and you will be able to see the exact location of the active node in reference to your location.

This happens occasionally because of the variances between the amount the Blizzard and Carbonite maps "zoom". Blizzard has only 6 (I think) levels of zoom, but Carbonite is "infinitely" zoom-able. If you want to really see this in action. just press "alt" the next time you choose to accept a quest that is quite a distance away.

09-24-10, 02:03 PM   #5
Tyrennis
A Defias Bandit
Alt works!

Thx Jeffy for the info. Pressing ALT does show exactly where it is!

09-24-10, 07:55 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Gathering Problems