11-04-12, 06:01 PM   #1
Deadlyz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Music for a WoW movie.

Hi, guys!

I wonder what kind of music do you prefer in WoW movies?

Would you enjoy watching a movie with female vocal songs (like Within Temptation), or maybe power metal (like Hammerfal)?
How about Breaking Benjamin? Skillet?

How important is a good music choice in a WoW movie for you?

Please, I really have to know your opinion.

ps: I mean PvP movie.

My last movie: Rogue Sweethearts

Last edited by Deadlyz : 11-04-12 at 06:09 PM.
11-04-12, 06:23 PM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

it depends on the contents of the movie.
11-04-12, 06:28 PM   #3
Deadlyz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
it depends on the contents of the movie.
It's a PvP movie about me and my in-game friend being rogues.
Mostly BGs, few Duels and me against him in the end of the movie.

Why did I make this post?
Atm I feel like my movie looks fine, music is also ok for me but people won't like my music choice.

And I'm afraid to fail my own expectations on this movie.. since it's my last one.

11-04-12, 06:38 PM   #4
Magicalhats27
A Fallenroot Satyr

My Favorite Subject

Ive been making warcraft movies on my own for a couple of years now and heres a site I never miss when I want video game related music. http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/274...l-aeon-project .

Also check out the other projects - they range from soft melodies to rough beats + all the authors compositions are free to use for everyone.

If you can be more specific as to whats gonna be in the movie (pvp maybe?) I can give you alot more suggestions.

Hope this helps a little. -Cheers *Sorry if my wording seems unclear. Im on my smartphone right now.
11-04-12, 06:42 PM   #5
Magicalhats27
A Fallenroot Satyr

Post em

Originally Posted by Deadlyz View Post
Atm I feel like my movie looks fine, music is also ok for me but people won't like my music choice.

What songs are you using? Id be glad to give a quick critique.
11-04-12, 06:44 PM   #6
Deadlyz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thx, Magicalhats.
Originally Posted by Magicalhats27 View Post
If you can be more specific as to whats gonna be in the movie (pvp maybe?) I can give you alot more suggestions.
Check my comment below
What songs are you using? Id be glad to give a quick critique.
I'll PM you, ok?

Last edited by Deadlyz : 11-04-12 at 06:49 PM.
11-04-12, 06:49 PM   #7
Magicalhats27
A Fallenroot Satyr

Sure. shoot it
11-04-12, 07:15 PM   #8
Deadlyz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Sure. shoot it
I did, check your inbox.

11-05-12, 03:33 PM   #9
Deadlyz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Up up. Anyone?

11-05-12, 05:30 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

There's really no need to bump your thread after less than 24 hours when it's still at or very near the top of the forum. This is not a super high-traffic forum to begin with, and I can't imagine that most people posting on an addon forum have a lot of interest in what kind of music you put in your PvP video. Personally, I don't like videos, or either of the kinds of music you mentioned, so I really have nothing to add to the topic. Just pick some music you like, or watch other popular PvP videos and pick some music similar to what they use.

Last edited by Phanx : 11-05-12 at 05:32 PM.
11-06-12, 02:08 AM   #11
Magicalhats27
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I don't like videos, or either of the kinds of music you mentioned, so I really have nothing to add to the topic. .

Well said. Great input phanx. However I have to give you some credit for telling him to study popular PVP videos, Its a good idea.

Also make sure the music choice is well rounded. Try to reach as many cultures in the demographic as you can. *If you can make edits that go along with the music you will be golden. Ask me how I know

Btw - There are people on an warcraft "addon forum" who might be interested in music for a warcraft movie. (I know, logic says its literally unimaginable, who would'a known?)
11-07-12, 03:05 AM   #12
Deadlyz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thx for your help, Magicalhat.

Phanx. I don't really know how to respond... Not helpful.
If you have 'nothing to add' - don't add anything.

This is the only WoW-related forum I'm registered on. I was looking for some help, maybe support

11-08-12, 01:12 AM   #13
Phanx
Cat.

Well, if nobody tells you what the accepted forum etiquette is, you'll keep breaking it. Better to be offended once now by being told not to bump your thread, than to keep offending everyone else by bumping your thread back onto the "new posts" list over and over.

Also, I don't see how telling you to pick something you like and/or pick something similar to other videos is "not helpful". Music is extremely subjective. There is no "right answer", or any answer that will satisfy everyone. Even if every registered user on this forum made a specific suggestion for which song you should use, you still wouldn't have anything approaching a definitive answer; you'll have thousands of suggestions covering every style of every genre from every period. WIth such a vague and subjective question, and think "pick something you like" or "pick something like other people are using" are completely unhelpful, I'm really not sure what you're expecting to get out of this thread.

Good luck.
11-08-12, 01:59 AM   #14
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
in the end, like addons and interfaces, its more what you want/need/like than the majority of people would like.

Generally when i look at a wow movie, i'm not really that much interested in the music but more in the movie itself, and i reckon the majority of the people feels the same. As long as you don't play some sort of lovesong while dueling it shoudl be ok

the only thing imho you should keep in mind is that the style of music should fit the moment of the movie its used for, what type of band and such doesn't really matter, just stick with what you feel is right
11-08-12, 02:16 AM   #15
Deadlyz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Then I'm going to use the music I like. It'll be alternative rock and symphonic/gothic metal.

Even if every registered user on this forum made a specific suggestion for which song you should use, you still wouldn't have anything approaching a definitive answer
You are wrong. It's the same thing as statistics.

Phanx you are trying to offend me for some reason.
Maybe because you ‘don't like videos, or either of the kinds of music you mentioned’ or for some other weird reason...
Don't know, anyway that's mean.

GOD. I was not asking for that! I never post on forums again.

Originally Posted by contramundi View Post
in the end, like addons and interfaces, its more what you want/need/like than the majority of people would like.

Generally when i look at a wow movie, i'm not really that much interested in the music but more in the movie itself, and i reckon the majority of the people feels the same. As long as you don't play some sort of lovesong while dueling it shoudl be ok

the only thing imho you should keep in mind is that the style of music should fit the moment of the movie its used for, what type of band and such doesn't really matter, just stick with what you feel is right
Ty, I'll stick with what I feel is right...

So I've got a love song on duels

11-08-12, 03:56 AM   #16
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Deadlyz View Post
Then I'm going to use the music I like. It'll be alternative rock and symphonic/gothic metal.
Great. Glad you took my advice.

I'm not trying to offend you. I asked that you not bump your thread -- I may be quicker to speak up about things like that than some other posters, but it's hardly something you should be offended by -- and then suggested that you use either some music that you like, or some music similar to what other people were using in similar videos. You're the one who's getting all bent out of shape over my statement that I don't personally enjoy videos or metal music.

Also, if you want to talk about statistics, if you get 1,000 people suggesting a song, or even an artist, I stand by my statement that you won't see a definitive answer. You'll see the largest percentage of responses favoring popular music -- pop, hip hop, some mainstream rock -- but you will see some suggestions for pretty much every genre, like I said. Especially on a forum like this, I'd expect to see a lot more variation in taste than if you asked 1,000 random people on the street, with more responses favoring obscure artists and genres, and a smaller percent suggesting current Top 40 stuff.

Last edited by Phanx : 11-08-12 at 04:48 AM.
11-08-12, 07:29 AM   #17
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Regardless of what music you choose to use, Benny Hillifier would make the video infinitely more enjoyable.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
11-08-12, 07:50 AM   #18
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Phanx, you should have stopped after "There's really no need to bump your thread after less than 24 hours when it's still at or very near the top of the forum. This is not a super high-traffic forum to begin with" - the rest was a opinion that had nothing to do with the first part and only made you having to post more posts!

Also it's the chit-chat forum so anything goes! It's just not that active I reckon.
11-08-12, 03:28 PM   #19
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
Phanx, you should have stopped after "There's really no need to bump your thread after less than 24 hours when it's still at or very near the top of the forum. This is not a super high-traffic forum to begin with" - the rest was a opinion
Aren't opinions the entire purpose of this thread (and forum)?
11-08-12, 04:26 PM   #20
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Well, I'm not entierly sure saying something like "I don't like videos" and "take whatever you want" count's as opinions here.. Not very constructive ones, atleast.

Edit: (here = this thread)

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Music for a WoW movie.