12-02-12, 08:54 AM   #1
Mythandral
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Version

is there a way to tell what version of carbonite I have installed? With all the versions scattered across the board here 5.04, 5.058, 5.1 beta, 5.1.02 beta I forget which I've installed lol.. Is there a .txt file somewhere to tell me which version i currently have installed? if not.. could Rythal plz include a short .txt file to the content, thank you

12-02-12, 09:01 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
It's in the carbonite.toc file in the carbonite folder. The file is just text and can be read with any text editor.

12-02-12, 09:52 AM   #3
Mythandral
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
tyvm for that. one step further though.. in that file it says "Version: 5.1.0 RC1" but I d/l'd and i thought i installed Version: 5.1.0.2.. even if its a minute change it would be nice to see if I have the correct/current version, especially upon entering the game and it tells me there's a new version when there's not. Hopefully that helps clarify what I meant.

12-02-12, 10:21 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
5.1.0 RC1 is Carbonite 5.1.0.2.

I don't get it either, but this is, apparently, how Carbonites BETA's are now going to be versioned. Hopefully Rythal will put the same version number on the Carbonite information page as he does in the TOC. In my opinion, it's a little less confusing that way. It also might have been less confusing if the current release had said "5.1.0 RC2" in the TOC. At least that way, the numbers all still match (sort of ).

It's really just a minor thing, and Rythal's got a lot on his plate just trying to get Carbonite re-written for current/future use. He'll work it out. I have confidence.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 12-02-12 at 10:30 AM.

12-02-12, 10:39 AM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Mythandral View Post
tyvm for that. one step further though.. in that file it says "Version: 5.1.0 RC1" but I d/l'd and i thought i installed Version: 5.1.0.2.. even if its a minute change it would be nice to see if I have the correct/current version, especially upon entering the game and it tells me there's a new version when there's not. Hopefully that helps clarify what I meant.
The beta's won't ever say the right version ingame, only because I don't want people scrambling to figure out why it's saying an update is available when it's only a beta version. But at the same time, hopefully we won't have this issue again with 3 versions on the go.

The way I have been doing the numbering

X.X.X = Release, ready for general download
X.X.X.Y = Beta version of the above for testing
.toc version = Best description of the version, (beta matching above, release candidate etc).

12-02-12, 02:16 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mythandral View Post
is there a way to tell what version of carbonite I have installed?
While you're in game, open up the options window. Up at the top on the left it will state what version you are running.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Version