06-10-09, 06:32 PM   #1
trav
Premium Member

Premium Member
Server Disconnects

Is it possible for nUI to cause disconnects to happen? It could be coincidence, but I started to experience them several times a day since I installed nUI (they were very rare prior to)
Thanks,
trav

06-10-09, 06:40 PM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I don't think it's possible for nUI to cause a disconnect. Is your internet connection blinking out on you temporarily possibly? Are you getting any errors prior to the disconnect?

Wow, that's INCREDIBLY wierd. MY internet disconnected as I was typing this reply... I'm scared...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-10-09, 06:47 PM   #3
trav
Premium Member

Premium Member
Howdy

No, I am just sitting there playing along; then freeze and the disconnect message. I have it disabled now and no disconnects yet, but I am sure that I need to play at least 8 hours to give it a fair shake. Bliz does indicate that addons can cause disconnects btw. perhaps they are just covering their behinds?

06-10-09, 06:53 PM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Possibly a server side problem. You might want to check the official forums just to make sure.

<--- is keeping this reply short for fear of getting disconnected again.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-11-09, 04:03 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am not aware of any issues in nUI that would cause disconnects and aside from yourself, I've had no reports of others having this problem. I won't say it isn't nUI, but I will say it is improbable.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

06-11-09, 04:09 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've had disconnects but usually due to the internet flaking out due to others in the house downloading stuff and increasing my latency. And at the same time I have disconnected people in the same raid with nUI haven't disconnected so I doubt very much its a nUI problem.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Server Disconnects