01-14-09, 03:27 AM   #1
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

need help with.... help

this may be 1 of many posts i have to make as i make the fu-2-ldb switch.

i used to use micromenufu, and i know tek has a ldb version called picoButtons, but really i dont need this at all....except for help. bliz somehow forgot to add a keybind for it.

for now ill just use picoButtons with everything else disabled, but i was wondering if someone knew a way to hotkey the help request frame.

ty
01-14-09, 11:56 AM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can create a macro to do it.

place this code into the macro ---> /script ToggleHelpFrame()

You can then place it on a space on your action bars. If your are using a action bar mod then you may be able to create a new bar with one button, place the macro on that, resize to liking and place where you want.
01-14-09, 02:27 PM   #3
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
You can create a macro to do it.

place this code into the macro ---> /script ToggleHelpFrame()

You can then place it on a space on your action bars. If your are using a action bar mod then you may be able to create a new bar with one button, place the macro on that, resize to liking and place where you want.
TYTYTY

that is exactly what i needed to know, i use macaroon and have a bar i made just to put stuff i want hidden.
01-14-09, 06:50 PM   #4
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

This helpframe ... is that the frame you use to submit petitions and stuff?
If so, I really don't get why everyone's complaining about it. Sure there is no command "/help" ... but there is one called "/gm".

I also don't believe an addon gave me that command, since I've just it forever, and I strongly doubt I already used addons the first time I used it.
01-17-09, 06:10 AM   #5
shdwphnx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by khurzog View Post
TYTYTY

that is exactly what i needed to know, i use macaroon and have a bar i made just to put stuff i want hidden.

FYI, if you decide you do actually need the WoW menu bar for some reason, Macaroon: Xtras has one which can be resized, hidden, etc. just like a regular Macaroon bar.
01-17-09, 06:31 AM   #6
hipjipp
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
This helpframe ... is that the frame you use to submit petitions and stuff?
If so, I really don't get why everyone's complaining about it. Sure there is no command "/help" ... but there is one called "/gm".

I also don't believe an addon gave me that command, since I've just it forever, and I strongly doubt I already used addons the first time I used it.
the "/gm" command is given by an addon. i do not have such a command and i don't use any ace2/ace3/rock addons. this works for toggling the help-screen aswell:
Code:
/script HelpMicroButton:Click();

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » need help with.... help