01-20-13, 06:47 PM   #1
AnthonyK
WTF

Map Zoom Issue

Ok, slight problem. I just installed WoW and my addons to my new laptop. I've asked this once before and I searched for the answer here, but can't find it.

Problem I am having with Carbonite is whenever I set a waypoint, the map zooms out to show my position and my destination. I know there is a setting somewhere so it doesn't zoom out to show that.

In other words, when I track a quest, I want it to stay at the zoom level I have set, not zoom out to show me where I am going.. That's why I have an arrow. Please help, I can't find the setting and it's driving me batty!

01-20-13, 06:59 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
right click on the map, scale, adjust auto scale min/max

01-20-13, 07:06 PM   #3
AnthonyK
WTF

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
right click on the map, scale, adjust auto scale min/max
OMG, TY! I knew it was something silly. I was looking in the options though. LoL

Edit - 1: Not sure that's it though. Just tried. It still zooms/un-zooms the map, just differently. Ugggh.

Edit 2: Ok, thanks to your tip, I figured it out. LoL All I needed to do was uncheck Auto-scale in the upper right-hand corner of map.

Last edited by AnthonyK : 01-20-13 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Answered before trying. Found Answer

02-28-13, 12:51 PM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Hopefully, someone can explain why the Carbonite map (both the small one and the large one) never seem to be able to retain the "Save map scale" that I 'set' either one or both of them to. Are they independent of each other? They don't ever seem to be the "same" map being displayed.

Which one controls the 'scaling' of the two, or can the "Save map scale" option be used to control the scale of either map? I just don't understand why everytime I change from the large one back to the small one, that the scale I set has not been recorded and used. Using "Restore map scale" doesn't solve the issue, either. Shouldn't the 'zoom' ratio be identical for both views of the map, or not?

Since I use the Carbonite map(s) very frequently, I will appreciate some advice on what I may be overlooking on the "Save map scale" functions.

Additionally, why doesn't the Carbonite map(s) display the "Repair" icons (and some other icons) just like the Blizzard mini-map does? Carbonite used to, years ago.

02-28-13, 01:43 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
the scales are separate for full sized map and minimap. full sized map tries to scale so your current zone fills the entire map, just like the real map. It should change scale back when you minimize it again.

Some of the scaling issues have risen because i'm recording what your scale is when you scale in or out so when you exit an instance, it can resume your previous scale, but if you crash while in the instance or logout ... it saves that current scale, so when you exit the instance your still at the mega zoomed. I've been trying to think of a better way to do it so this doesn't happen, but haven't yet.

As for the map icons, they can only be drawn if carbonite knows they exist, blizzard doesn't allow passing of any information like that, on the flip side... I dunno about anyone elses, but ever since i've started the alpha release i'm seeing stuff on my map I haven't seen for years like zone connections, mailboxes, portals ... so I must of had some really messed up settings before.

02-28-13, 01:52 PM   #6
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As for the map icons, they can only be drawn if carbonite knows they exist, blizzard doesn't allow passing of any information like that, on the flip side... I dunno about anyone elses, but ever since i've started the alpha release i'm seeing stuff on my map I haven't seen for years like zone connections, mailboxes, portals ... so I must of had some really messed up settings before.
I've noticed this as well, kinda glad to see them back

02-28-13, 04:30 PM   #7
Kreelor
A Firelord

Some of the scaling issues have risen because i'm recording what your scale is when you scale in or out so when you exit an instance, it can resume your previous scale, but if you crash while in the instance or logout ... it saves that current scale, so when you exit the instance your still at the mega zoomed. I've been trying to think of a better way to do it so this doesn't happen, but haven't yet.
Thanks Rythal for replying. I'm still confused on one point. You said: "...because i'm recording what your scale is when you scale in or out..."

Does that mean that you are recording the zoom level (scale) of my "temporary" zooming in/out with the mouse wheel, and it's overwriting my previous "Save map scale" choice? I'm not quite clear on exactly how it's working. My preference is to never have to "Restore map scale" after I've switched map views. Each view should retain the scale at which I 'saved' them before using the mouse wheel, etc. Am I being clear in how I'm trying to express this?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map Zoom Issue