08-27-09, 12:16 AM   #1
breathe4acs
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite won't install

Last week WOW did a "emergency update" and my game/Carbonite was working fine until then. I tried to update the game and I kept getting the error, "The file "C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment". So I found a post on how to fix it, http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...78299825&sid=1 . But now my carbointe won't work. I was able to redownload my other addons through Curse, but I am just not able to get Carbonite to work. Playing WOW without carbonite sucks. Any ideas on what can be done to fix this?

Also, how to get I get access to those who donate, since i have a couple of times.

Thanks.

08-27-09, 12:27 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by breathe4acs View Post
Last week WOW did a "emergency update" and my game/Carbonite was working fine until then. I tried to update the game and I kept getting the error, "The file "C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment". So I found a post on how to fix it, http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...78299825&sid=1 . But now my carbointe won't work. I was able to redownload my other addons through Curse, but I am just not able to get Carbonite to work. Playing WOW without carbonite sucks. Any ideas on what can be done to fix this?
Do you have Carbonite in the correct folder? In your Interface\AddOns\ folder, there should be three Carbonite folders - Carbonite, CarboniteNodes, and CarboniteTransfer.

You might have what is known as the "folder in folder syndrome", that your Carbonite installment unpacked so that in your AddOns folder, you have a folder named Carbonite-2.22, and in that are the three folders. You'll have to move those three folders up directly into your AddOns folder.

Originally Posted by breathe4acs View Post
Also, how to get I get access to those who donate, since i have a couple of times.
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21611

08-27-09, 01:20 AM   #3
breathe4acs
A Defias Bandit
I appreciate the response, yes my carbonite is in the addon folder, with all 3 of the folder "extracted" to it.

Thanks also for showing me the thread for those who donate.

08-30-09, 11:50 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would do a search on C: for "Addons" and see what shows up. You may have more than one, which is quite common.

Look at the WoW shortcut properties and see what folder it is using to run the game.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite won't install