09-02-12, 07:52 AM   #1
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Dark Moon Faire

nUi does not work in DMF
the action buttons do not show up on any action bar. when i disabled it there was a whole special action bar that replaced the regular stuff normally at the bottom of the screen. not sure if this was how it was before 5.04, it's always worked with nUi before

09-02-12, 08:40 AM   #2
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think it's the vehicle bar that isn't being displayed in place of the normal action bar.

Confirmed by myself and a guildie, that the bar doesn't appear when using nUI v5.07.25.

Most likelt, would affect any quest that uses the vehicle bar or PvP vehicles (TB and WG).

09-02-12, 08:54 AM   #3
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

that sounds familiar, i knew i saw that bar set-up somewhere. the quest in BT where you drive the demolisher used the same bar

09-02-12, 09:16 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, I tested the vehicle bar changing at the icecrown quest area. it worked fine when mounting the animals there. Unless something happened with the patch transfer to the offical addon update. Will have to test it again.

09-02-12, 12:57 PM   #5
Takne
A Kobold Labourer
Confirmed, had to turn off NUI to complete all DMF activities on 2 different machines,

09-02-12, 02:19 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, just saw a youtube video of a DMF game being played and the new action bar appeared where the original action bar would normally be. But on that video bartender didn't seem to be aware of it and it was overlaying that space with its own bars. So, sounds like it maybe something from a ways back.

Was it working fine before 5.0.4 hit ? If so then it does indeed seem to be something linked to the new action bar changes they did that currently I don't have a clue how to understand it to see how nUI needs to be tweaked to make them work.

But it definitely is different from the vehicle bar. Its a bar called override bar and it changes depending on what the actions are going to be.

Like I said, I'll look into it when it hits the US servers on Friday and see if I can identify what the problem is.

09-02-12, 03:27 PM   #7
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Like I said, I'll look into it when it hits the US servers on Friday and see if I can identify what the problem is.
DMF is on US servers now.

09-02-12, 03:31 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Is it ? I logged in last night and they were still building the area in goldshire.

If so, then I'll log in, later on and take a look see. Other option is to set up a freebie EU account and level up a toon to 20. I assume it won't let you do that stuff at a toon lower than 20. Well will see.

09-02-12, 03:39 PM   #9
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Was it working fine before 5.0.4 hit ?
Yes, it was working fine before 5.0.4 went live.

09-02-12, 03:54 PM   #10
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
Yes, it's live. I shot myself out of the cannon and discovered the bar wasn't working the hard way. Lol

09-02-12, 05:17 PM   #11
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by reddrumjay View Post
Yes, it's live. I shot myself out of the cannon and discovered the bar wasn't working the hard way. Lol
Ouch! That's a painful way of finding out lol.

09-07-12, 01:17 AM   #12
UrbanArmitage
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by reddrumjay View Post
I had an even more interesting one the night before last. I was shot out of the canon, only to find in mid-air that my wings were missing! They were just simply not there to start with when I left the barrel. I tried a few more times to confirm and the same thing happened, then it just came right on its own. Weird stuff, and yes, those trees hurt!

I have found that the DMF action bars are working fine for me with 5.07.25 with the BetterExtraActionButtton installed and running, and playing on the Vek'nilash EU server. I get the expected bars on things like whack a gnoll etc, and I ran Ulduar 10 man last night and got the vehicle bar as expected.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Dark Moon Faire