11-14-10, 09:36 AM   #1
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Dungeon cooldown

Is there an addon that can accurately display the dungeon cooldown? I'm tired of getting the cooldown message when I'm trying to queue and Blizzard's dungeon finder tool not showing the remaining time. Maybe just start a timer once you join/leave the dungeon (whichever applies the cooldown) that runs for 15 (20?) minutes until the cooldown is off? I'm settling for any solution, just so long as it works better than Blizzard's nonexistant display. :P

11-14-10, 04:39 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
These LDB plugins can do that for you (in addition to other features)
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...45-eQueue.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Cooldowns.html

I feel like there was another addon that did only this, but I can't think of it now...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-14-10, 06:24 PM   #3
Dorwido
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
or stop to leave regulary groups?
11-14-10, 07:10 PM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
An addon with the following line should cause the Blizzard LFD timer to update when you open the LFD window.

Code:
LFDParentFrame:HookScript("OnShow",LFDQueueFrameRandomCooldownFrame_Update);
Blizzard code states that the cooldown is still technically a debuff that triggers a UNIT_AURA event, and it also watches zoning in and out of instances along with changes in party members. This hook just adds another trigger to the update code, the showing of the LFD frame itself.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 11-14-10 at 07:13 PM.
11-15-10, 05:11 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Thanks, I'll try those two brokers!

Originally Posted by DarkStarX View Post
or stop to leave regulary groups?
Unfortunately that's not an option. When I wind up in heroic HoR and the tank leaves instantly, I have the option of waiting for ~20 minutes (yes, that's the usual queue time for finding just a tank on my server) to get a new tank for the group, and quite possibly see that one leave as well once he sees the instance... or just scrap it and get back to helping guildies level until I can queue once more.

Or, for that matter, when I get into an instance and we wipe a few times and everyone leaves... I still have a dungeon cooldown after that, without it being my fault. :P

Last edited by Jigain : 11-15-10 at 05:33 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Dungeon cooldown