01-12-09, 10:46 AM   #1
Gonbrok
A Defias Bandit
Bigger Minimap Blips (nodes)

Let me introduce myself. I am a multiboxer, with several gathering professions, between different characters. I assume you know what multiboxing is, if not take a look at dual-boxing.com. Anyway, currently I am planning to level a team with mining, engineering and herbalism - the only problem will be the tracking of each minimap!
My setup allows me to have 1 main screen and 3 tiny screens (too small to watch nodes). So far I am aware of the command to scale the minimap, which makes it a suitable size. BUT the nodes on the minimap are not scaling. So my question would be, is it possible to make the nodes on the minimap bigger/scaleable?

I am aware of Blipstick by Tekkub, which changes the textures of the blips, these textures makes the blips smaller. Can you do the opposite?

Thanks for your help!

P.S. If you have any alternative solutions, bring it!
01-12-09, 10:59 AM   #2
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes this is possible, just grab whatever addon that changes the blips and either change the used graphic for it or poke around in the code to see if they're scaled to a specific size. I'm not sure which of these would do the trick though, but if they can be scaled down by using other graphics, they can be scaled up as well .. right?
01-12-09, 11:20 AM   #3
Gonbrok
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for very fast reply!

I have no lua experience, nor doing textures. Your suggestions are however what I was looking for, but I will need some help to bring them to life!

I have tried to look through the code of Blipstick and I can't see any scaling parameters, but I might fail at seeing it.

Would anyone be willing to guide me through any of the above suggestions?

Last edited by Gonbrok : 01-12-09 at 11:56 AM.
01-12-09, 01:05 PM   #4
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gonbrok View Post
Thanks for very fast reply!

I have no lua experience, nor doing textures. Your suggestions are however what I was looking for, but I will need some help to bring them to life!

I have tried to look through the code of Blipstick and I can't see any scaling parameters, but I might fail at seeing it.

Would anyone be willing to guide me through any of the above suggestions?
Dinner's ready right now, but I'll have a look at how that mod functions (I'm not a coder though, so I'll try at least) and I'll get back to ya later

EDIT: Didn't seem to figure out a whole lot :P
Did you try the "Charmed" iconset? Those seem to be the biggest in there. If those aren't good, maybe you could try asking the author how to make bigger ones?

Last edited by Psoewish : 01-12-09 at 01:28 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Bigger Minimap Blips (nodes)