10-15-08, 07:48 AM   #1
Rhazzledazle
A Murloc Raider
Now that Khaos/Cosmos is no more...

Is there anything close to it? All I've ever used is Cosmos/Khaos for the past 4+ years or so, I have no idea what to use now.
10-16-08, 06:44 AM   #2
Firestyx
A Kobold Labourer
Cosmosui Ends

Here is the quote from Cosmos's front page.

"I On that note I'm sorry to announce that Cosmos will not be surviving the WoW 3.0 patch with anything like it's former glory. As you probably noticed, development has slowed to a standstill and developers are hard to get ahold of. In fact, when posting recently on the staff forum in preparation for this announcement only Gryphon, Yarko and Telic responded. Thanks to you three for sticking around.

I, AnduinLothar, or Karl Isenberg as I am known in the real world, have recently graduated from University and have finally succumb to a full time job, programming. And since I spend most of my day getting paid to look at code, naturally I'm not that inspired to come home and look at more code. So I think it's high time I drastically cut back on maintenance and development, or at least let it be known officially. "

It's true, cosmos is coming to the end.
10-16-08, 02:04 PM   #3
Rhazzledazle
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Firestyx View Post
Here is the quote from Cosmos's front page.

"I On that note I'm sorry to announce that Cosmos will not be surviving the WoW 3.0 patch with anything like it's former glory. As you probably noticed, development has slowed to a standstill and developers are hard to get ahold of. In fact, when posting recently on the staff forum in preparation for this announcement only Gryphon, Yarko and Telic responded. Thanks to you three for sticking around.

I, AnduinLothar, or Karl Isenberg as I am known in the real world, have recently graduated from University and have finally succumb to a full time job, programming. And since I spend most of my day getting paid to look at code, naturally I'm not that inspired to come home and look at more code. So I think it's high time I drastically cut back on maintenance and development, or at least let it be known officially. "

It's true, cosmos is coming to the end.
Umm I know this, I posted that they were done. What I asked is, is there anything like it out there?
10-16-08, 02:48 PM   #4
qaeen
A Kobold Labourer
Any suggestions on UI's? I'm in the same boat I've only used Khaos and now pouring through different UI's.
10-18-08, 07:30 PM   #5
TrinaryOuroboros
A Kobold Labourer

They or someone else will pick up the project, but as the person states things have become very frustrating to maintain - as soon as someone raises a volunteering hand they will prolly fix up Sea and all that jazz.

Hey, you may not think it - but, developers have lives too!

10-20-08, 04:32 AM   #6
Rhazzledazle
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by TrinaryOuroboros View Post
They or someone else will pick up the project, but as the person states things have become very frustrating to maintain - as soon as someone raises a volunteering hand they will prolly fix up Sea and all that jazz.

Hey, you may not think it - but, developers have lives too!

No one has said they didn't have lives!! No one said anything of the kind. All we want to know is IF there is something like it.

If you go to http://www.cosmosui.org/showthread.php?t=57724 and read what all have written there, myself included, you'll see nothing but thanks posted there to KarlKFI and crew and see that someone is asking for code base to Cosmos on page 3. But until then we are looking for one like it.
10-20-08, 09:23 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I believe that was meant as a joke. That's my interpretation, at least, based on the "" after it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-20-08, 12:29 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by qaeen View Post
Any suggestions on UI's? I'm in the same boat I've only used Khaos and now pouring through different UI's.
While I'm not using it right now (tried it though before the patch broke everything and omg it loads super fast, and he's coded every option and bell and whistle that it has!), I've been eagerly following the thread from Spiels nUI. This guy has hella talent, but just recently some smart company snatched him up for work so he's slowly getting nUI WotLK compliant. Keep an eye on it, it's definitely worth your consideration imho.

Out of any of the UI suites on this forum, I don't think there's a better one.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-nUIBeta2.html
10-23-08, 04:59 AM   #9
ocala kaylee
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Rhazzledazle View Post
Is there anything close to it? All I've ever used is Cosmos/Khaos for the past 4+ years or so, I have no idea what to use now.
Try Addon Control Panel, its on Curse. It has built in /reloadui and can very quickly turn on and off addons (all addons!).
10-23-08, 10:18 AM   #10
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ocala kaylee View Post
Try Addon Control Panel, its on Curse. It has built in /reloadui and can very quickly turn on and off addons (all addons!).
You can also use Ampere by tekkub from this site. Been using it since the patch and it rocks! =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Now that Khaos/Cosmos is no more...