01-01-09, 01:07 PM   #1
beauVie
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Add-On messing up UI

So, I recently downloaded quite a few nifty add-ons that I all dig quite a bit. However, one add-on has been messing up my UI...for example, I often cannot right-click to scroll out on my map (very frustrating) and the other equally frustrating problem is the popping up of empty action bar slots. I tried the interface toggle - but it does not work. They just pop and stay up. Since these add-ons were mostly all mass-installed in one night, I cannot pinpoint which add-on(s) is calling this problem. Here is the list of my add-ons...help as to uninstall what add-on would be GREATLY appreciated, as this is such an annoying problem. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt wowmatrix-export.txt (869 Bytes, 735 views)
01-01-09, 01:09 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You did a mass install with wowmatrix?
01-01-09, 02:08 PM   #3
beauVie
A Defias Bandit
Well, by mass-install I mean....just downloaded twenty add-ons one after the other from the WoWMatrix database.
01-01-09, 02:50 PM   #4
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WoWMatrix is in ur puter, crashin ur hardwarez

01-01-09, 06:28 PM   #5
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
WoWMatrix is in ur puter, crashin ur hardwarez
As much as most of us understand that WoWMatrix is a bad thing and should be removed from the internet (I am one of them) there is no need to have misleading and unnecessary comments like that.

Anyway ... against my better judgement (As like I said I am not a fan of WoWMatrix) I'll throw a little help your way.

WoWMatrix is not causing ANY harm to your computer or you Hardware. Please ignore Gemini_II.

Try disabling all addons and running a few at a time to help you narrow it down to fix your issue.

Next time I suggest coming here and Curse to get addons one at a time. This way you can read descriptions and comments to see if there are any know issues before you download it. This will also help you know of any setup that may be needed to get addons to work.

I also suggest you install addons one at a time until you get used to how they an work. This way you can run the game and see what it changes and set it up to your liking.
01-01-09, 07:25 PM   #6
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Forgive my attempt at some humor.

01-01-09, 09:25 PM   #7
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I laughed Gemini, I laughed hard. My only regret is I couldn't beat you to it .

beau, Sepioth gave some really good advice, and some great reasons for that advice. Really, I don't think you'll get better advice than that. Good luck in whatever route you take, just be careful.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Add-On messing up UI