06-23-10, 11:06 AM   #101
dotslasher
A Murloc Raider
same thing here, I upgraded to the lastest nui+ version but the map is messed up, no unitframes.

I'm getting tons of errors regarding Infopanel, Chat and Unitframes for Nui.

I disabled all other addons.

06-23-10, 11:47 AM   #102
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What is the very first error that get's logged?

Originally Posted by dotslasher View Post
same thing here, I upgraded to the lastest nui+ version but the map is messed up, no unitframes.

I'm getting tons of errors regarding Infopanel, Chat and Unitframes for Nui.

I disabled all other addons.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

06-23-10, 03:30 PM   #103
thenumber1sill
A Murloc Raider
FIXED: it was the guild chat panel that was causing the unit frame issues. Thanks a bunch!

06-23-10, 03:42 PM   #104
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, I've been slaving the last 10 hours on the whisper frame at present and having problems getting a consistent reaction. It seems you can no longer use an existing frame or create one if it doesn't exist. If the user only has ChatFrame1 and ChatFrame2 you're stuffed and have to create a new frame. So, yeah, trying to figure out how to do that.

However, if you have the chatframe in existence it will use it regardless of its current setting and replace its settings with its own. I want to avoid this so that users don't lose their guild chat or trade chat tabs because I chose a frame they were using rofl.

As I have said in several places already. For the time being disable nUI_InfoPanel_GuildChat, nUI_InfoPanel_Whispers and nUI_InfoPanel_Chat. Most of their functionality will work with the stock chat tabs and you can have them both visible by dragging the frame out for the time being.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

06-23-10, 04:45 PM   #105
thenumber1sill
A Murloc Raider
only issue that i'm seeing on mine now is that i cannot set the group unit frames to 25man, only self, party, 10man.

06-23-10, 04:52 PM   #106
spiel2001
nUI's Author

If those are the only frames you have, then you probably have not installed nUI+ but installed nUI Lite instead.

06-23-10, 06:01 PM   #107
thenumber1sill
A Murloc Raider
hrm I had 25man before and downloaded the update from the curse client...not sure

06-23-10, 06:06 PM   #108
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by thenumber1sill View Post
hrm I had 25man before and downloaded the update from the curse client...not sure
There's your problem right there.
The only place to get nUI is here at wowinterface.com
Follow the download instruction in the nui newsletter to get the new files.

-Napoleon Dynamage

06-23-10, 06:44 PM   #109
thenumber1sill
A Murloc Raider
thankyou!

06-23-10, 08:39 PM   #110
spaceholiday
A Defias Bandit
My error message

Code:
Message: ...I\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:162: attempt to index global 'Skada' (a nil value)
Time: 06/23/10 21:32:53
Count: 1
Stack: ...I\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:162: in function `sizeChanged'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:803: in function `applyScale'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:908: in function `applyOptions'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:937: in function `applySkin'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:252: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:137>

Locals: scale = 0.50666671652474
height = 140.85334719388
width = 305.6000107401
options = <table> {
 enabled = true
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'Skada' (a nil value)"
plugin = nUI_InfoPanel_Skada {
 options = <table> {
 }
 0 = <userdata>
 initPanel = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:148
 setSelected = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:305
 sizeChanged = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:159
 active = true
 selected = false
 setEnabled = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:231
 container = nUI_InfoPanel_SkadaContainer {
 }
}
I've disabled everything but the core nUI mod, which is version 5.06.24. I can move the combat pane, but not the map. My shadowform button is also missing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nUIerror335.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	4485  

Last edited by spaceholiday : 06-23-10 at 09:01 PM. Reason: added info

06-23-10, 08:53 PM   #111
EdMigPer
A Murloc Raider

I just installed a fresh 5.06.24 (Plus) and got this error as well as missing and/or misplaced items (screenshot included)

Code:
Message: ...I\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:162: attempt to index global 'Skada' (a nil value)
Time: 06/23/10 22:49:38
Stack: ...I\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:162: in function `sizeChanged'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:803: in function `applyScale'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:908: in function `applyOptions'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:252: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:137>

Locals: scale = 0.5066667013162
height = 140.8533429659
width = 339.55556484406
options = <table> {
 enabled = true
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
 options = <table> {
 }
 0 = <userdata>
 initPanel = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:148
 setSelected = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:305
 sizeChanged = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:159
 active = true
 selected = false
 setEnabled = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Skada.lua:231
 }
}
I have nothing but nUI installed and a fresh Interface/WTF folder set.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062310_225002.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	491.2 KB
ID:	4486  

06-23-10, 09:09 PM   #112
Kronkfate
A Murloc Raider
once again

Ok, I have downloaded the latest patch 5.06.24. I have also tried disabling all addons escept the nUI+ core and i am having new issues from the last time i posted. My chat frames are fixed, but now i have new issues...

the right frame where the map and recount/omen and combat log can be switched through is now in the middle bottom of my screen, i have no hud, there are no characters showing in the middle bottom as they used to, and the top bar is not showing ms or framerate like before. i am attaching the screenshot with something targeted.

forgot to mention the minimap is back in the upper right corner.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062310_205529.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	4488  

Last edited by Kronkfate : 06-23-10 at 09:15 PM.

06-23-10, 09:17 PM   #113
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Kronkfate View Post
Ok, I have downloaded the latest patch 5.06.24. I have also tried disabling all addons escept the nUI+ core and i am having new issues from the last time i posted. My chat frames are fixed, but now i have new issues...

the right frame where the map and recount/omen and combat log can be switched through is now in the middle bottom of my screen, i have no hud, there are no characters showing in the middle bottom as they used to, and the top bar is not showing ms or framerate like before. i am attaching the screenshot with something targeted.

I have this same problem.. DL'd and installed nui+ and ALL addons disabled....

and alua error....
Time: 06/23/10 23:07:32

Locals: scale = 0.49756250836461
height = 138.32237732536
width = 333.45416530605
options = <table> {
enabled = true
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
options = <table> {
}
0 = <userdata>
active = true
selected = true
}
}

(Also I dont have 'skada' installed though I have a 'button' for it in the right hand panel.)

I have no hud or hud button at top of screen...
minimap in standard blizz spot.. and management is enabled....

Last edited by Blanckaert : 06-23-10 at 09:18 PM. Reason: ops forgot something...

06-23-10, 09:17 PM   #114
spiel2001
nUI's Author

The 5.06.25 hot fix (already released) should fix that.

Sorry... I've answered I don't know how many hundreds of posts and e-mails and spent countless hours fixing nUI on just 3 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours... I let a stupid one get out the door in the 5.06.24 update.

All should be well now.

06-23-10, 09:27 PM   #115
Feistisalive
Thanks

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post

Sorry... I've answered I don't know how many hundreds of posts and e-mails and spent countless hours fixing nUI on just 3 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours... I let a stupid one get out the door in the 5.06.24 update.

All should be well now.
Greatful Nui supporter says, "Thank you for everything you and your team do. Now go, sleeeeeeeeeeep. lol

06-23-10, 09:35 PM   #116
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post

All should be well now.
Ummm almost.... I still have a 'skada' button on my right side.... how do I get rid of it? I dont have that addon.....

But other then that my errors have been fixed....

Chat log seems to have a mind of it's own, and keeps 'jumping' out of the left panel..... I just set it back into the panel, and then killed something, and the chat panel jumped back out of the box.... chat box is 'locked'

Last edited by Blanckaert : 06-23-10 at 10:13 PM. Reason: anothe 'bug'

06-23-10, 10:28 PM   #117
Kronkfate
A Murloc Raider
awesome!!

I appreciate the work you all have put into this UI addon. I know looking at code all day and figuring out what other people messed up and finding a work around is tough. got hung up on a few programs going through college, so i just want to say thanks for losing sleep over this.

I just have one last issue, not a big rush, i'll be happy when you get around to it after you get some more sleep, i can deal with it for now. the minimap is still in the upper right corner of my screen instead of middle bottom.

06-23-10, 10:42 PM   #118
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Kronk... did you try re-downloading the 'new' patch again? .25 ?

06-24-10, 01:10 AM   #119
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Go to sleep Scott!

Sleepy Kitty demands it!

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

06-24-10, 01:16 AM   #120
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Dramber View Post
There's your problem right there.
Dramber, tell the truth... Are you one of the guys from Mythbusters? And if so, are you Adam or Jamie?

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » NUI+ break in the patch?