08-29-07, 02:31 PM   #1
Thalas
A Murloc Raider
Trouble with UnitHealth("player")

Hi, i'm new to Addons and before doing something useful, i'm practicing on making interfaces and stuff, and I found problem when I tried to 'write' the player's health on the addon (or any other data from him). I couldn't find a way to make it go on the Frame as a text, if I try to mention it on the XML file, the addon won't work, only on the LUA file. No problem with that, as long as I can make the XML file get the required info from the LUA code, but I can't seem to find a way to do so.
If anyone could help with that, i'd be really grateful. Thanks in advance and sorry for any English mistake.

(And sorry if this is not the right place for this, I didnt know wheter put it on XML or LUA forum, so feel free to move it please).

Last edited by Thalas : 08-29-07 at 02:40 PM. Reason: justify the post in this section
08-29-07, 03:24 PM   #2
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.wowwiki.com/XML_User_Interface#FontString
08-31-07, 07:33 AM   #3
Thalas
A Murloc Raider
I spent a whole day trying to figure it out following the link you posted but I couldn't seem to find the syntax for the Fontstringobject nor any way to make it work, could you please give me an example? Or just give me a name of an Addon where I can see how it work? I looked for some but didn't come to my mind any that get char information and writes on a frame

What I'm trying to do is to make the Addon get char info and 'complete' the tags on the picture attached. Whenever I try to make it, the addon won't load
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Info.JPG
Views:	589
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	1382  
10-15-07, 07:37 AM   #4
Thalas
A Murloc Raider
No one else? x.x
A long time passed, and now I came back to scripting, still no success in this
(I gave up trying on my own after many days failing it)
Thanks
10-15-07, 07:48 AM   #5
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Can you post what you currently have coded into "CODE" block so we can view your source and try to help you out?
10-15-07, 09:03 AM   #6
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thalas, if you are still interested I can post code here to do exactly what you want, or email it to you, or pm it to you, whatever. It would probably be easier just to show you code that works AND is easy to understand then explain it to you in english. But beyond printing textual information to a frame that updates in real time (health, mana experience) I can't help you, I never got beyond that
10-17-07, 07:18 AM   #7
Eidolarr
An Aku'mai Servant

Post what you have and we'll see if we can find the issue :]
10-17-07, 08:11 AM   #8
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Here Thalas if you are still following this thread and need help, dl this zip, it is an addon accomplishing I think what you want, just copy the code and add to it how ever you see fit

here

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Trouble with UnitHealth("player")