01-20-13, 12:39 PM   #301
drarkanex
A Defias Bandit
I really like this compilation, but i've lost my action bars. I was in a 10 man raid last night, all was fine. When i left the raid, the Action Bars were gone. I removed the WTF directory and copied the one from the ZIP back in, still nothing.

01-21-13, 09:28 AM   #302
Enzyte
A Kobold Labourer
Hello everyone!

I'm writing here to tell you the UI is awesome, really! I've used some other UI (don't know if I'm allowed to tell which one here :p) but since my PC is not the best I getting low FPS in raids with it, I'd like to ask if RealUI needs a good PC or it's fine with my older laptop?

01-21-13, 03:49 PM   #303
Skrymir2K
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by drarkanex View Post
I really like this compilation, but i've lost my action bars. I was in a 10 man raid last night, all was fine. When i left the raid, the Action Bars were gone. I removed the WTF directory and copied the one from the ZIP back in, still nothing.
Thought I could be helpful for once. If I'm not mistaken the action bars are hidden by default. If you press CTRL they will show back up but only while held down.

You can change that behavior by typing in /bar to open the options. They will be bar 1-3 that you want to look at. There is a tab labelled visibility and a custom behavior box towards the bottom that you can uncheck to have them always available.

While I'm at it, I would just like to say thanks for the wonderful UI, it is really great to use and very easy for me to work with to get what I want out of it. I can tell a lot of hard work went into making it what it is today.

01-22-13, 02:09 AM   #304
Ruvengaard
A Cyclonian
Question thanks But ...

Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
Thanks a million times for this great work !! I moved from ElvUI a couple a weeks ago and I must say that I love it so far.

And here is for my very stupid question : How do I access the Raid menus ?

I mean, I start a group and want to switch to raid mode, access land markers, ask for roles verification and stuff like that, How should I do ? Same thing when I have an assist in my Roster I can access the Raid menus (or at least I've never been clever enough to find them ).

Thanks again for your amazing job.

Live long and prosper .

Take care,
Ruven.
The menu should be on the left side of the screen, just below the minimap. It'll be minmized as a small arrow, click that to show the menu.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm, again, going to sound stupid but I was not able to find the arrow you mentionned. I found part of the menu in the contextual menu of my character (raid mode, raid icons) but not the ones I was looking the most for : Roles varification, call, ....

Here is a screen capture of what I have when in raid with assist role :

01-22-13, 07:05 AM   #305
striker
A Defias Bandit
may i'm just blind but i can't see my active dots on the target. i'm playing shadowpriest. (some things i can see on the target for example mind flay)
can anyone help me??

the buffs on my side are shown but on the target i haven't something like this so i didn't see my dots on target.

Last edited by striker : 01-22-13 at 07:21 AM.

01-22-13, 10:01 AM   #306
Ruvengaard
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by striker View Post
may i'm just blind but i can't see my active dots on the target. i'm playing shadowpriest. (some things i can see on the target for example mind flay)
can anyone help me??

the buffs on my side are shown but on the target i haven't something like this so i didn't see my dots on target.
Hey !! think I can actually help on this one .
This can be configured in Raven. Had the same problem with my diseases on my DK.

type /raven to open raven configuration page and then :

"BarGroups" ==> Select "TargetDeBuff" ==> Click on "Debuffs" tab and go down to "filter by type".

in "Filter by Type" select what should be in the group.

And in "Filter list" make sure it is in "White list" meaning that "White list" will apply to all debuffs that satisfy the filter you define.

Can be very powerfull but a little overwelming too, as it's been for me should look like this :

You could also create your own group if you want to be more specific and not modify existing parameters.

Hope it helps .

Enjoy the game and this marvelous UI

To everyone, please don't hesitate to correct if I said something wrong.

take care,
Ruven.

01-22-13, 10:10 AM   #307
striker
A Defias Bandit
tyvm now i see the dots
i'm happy now xD

01-23-13, 02:37 PM   #308
zeveroare
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
For some reason I can't see the "extra roll" window in Terrace.
I can use it in every other raid, but not there...

In Hof it's almost out of my screen too...

01-24-13, 11:04 AM   #309
Eisritter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by zeveroare View Post

I'm having the same issue

01-24-13, 08:30 PM   #310
webster259
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Eisritter View Post
I'm having the same issue
Originally Posted by zeveroare View Post

I've had this happen as well, what it seems like is that the loot windows gradually make their way up the screen until they are visible.

01-25-13, 07:07 PM   #311
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I don't have the extra roll window issue. It always appears on that location every time. Could it be a screen resolution bug?

01-26-13, 04:21 PM   #312
anubis06660
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
error

I'm getting all the odd stuff let me tell ya

This is random, certain bosses pop this, some don't. Any ideas?

1x FrameXML\RaidWarning.lua:25: script ran too long
FrameXML\RaidWarning.lua:25: in function "RaidNotice_AddMessage"
FrameXML\RaidWarning.lua:168: in function <FrameXML\RaidWarning.lua:163>
(tail call): ?

Locals:
self = RaidBossEmoteFrame {
0 = <userdata>
timings = <table> {}
slot2 = RaidBossEmoteFrameSlot2 {}
slot1 = RaidBossEmoteFrameSlot1 {}
}
event = "RAID_BOSS_EMOTE"
text = "%s becomes protected by his defense beacons! Disable them by pulling the levers below!"
playerName = "Temple Guardian Anhuur"
displayTime = 0
playSound = true
body = "Temple Guardian Anhuur becomes protected by his defense beacons! Disable them by pulling the levers below!"
info = <table> {
colorNameByClass = false
flashTab = false
b = 0
r = 1
id = 42
sticky = 0
flashTabOnGeneral = false
g = 0.8666667342186
}

01-26-13, 05:01 PM   #313
LiNK2088
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
PvP Timer

Is the pvp timer on top supposed to look like this?

01-28-13, 06:57 AM   #314
Meren2109
A Murloc Raider
All old spells (before MoP) had marks on their cast bars to show each tick of a channeled spell (Hurricane, Rain of Fire, Drain Life, etc). However, all MoP spells do no longer have this. As a Warlock, where I have to recast Malefic Grasp after 2 ticks, it's rather annoying to have no indicator of when the second tick happened. Would it be possible to update the MoP spells and add marks to the channeled cast bars, just like the pre-mop spells have? I really need this as a Warlock, and considering to switch to another UI just to be able to see when my second tick of Malefic Grasp is cast. :S

01-28-13, 09:50 AM   #315
xacid480
A Kobold Labourer
I had the extra roll issue this past week in terrace only. I downed 3 of the 4 bosses without it prompting me. Did a /reload and did Sha which seemed to fix it. All other raids I haven't had an issue. Went back into terrace and used it twice in a row without an issue. It does seem like it moves up the screen and doing /reload resets it position tho.

01-28-13, 01:41 PM   #316
Banis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Error

I get this error every time at 1st pull in raids

any tip for this ?

01-29-13, 07:57 AM   #317
Pamelaa
A Murloc Raider
Hi there.
First of all I wanna say I absolutely love the UI, it is fantastic in many ways.
I have but one problem with it, the transparency of the different character, talents, mounts, loot (etc.) frames.
I tried disabling Aurora thinking it was the cause behind it, but that didn't do the trick.

I was wondering if there was a way of getting back the original frames for these without affecting the rest of the UI.

Also, when opening new frames they always appear in the mid-top left corner and do not memorize where you last moved them / closed them. Is there a way to work around this?

Thank you very much, and congrats again on a brilliantly designed UI.

01-29-13, 01:46 PM   #318
verixl
A Defias Bandit

Grid

nvm I figured it out. xD

Last edited by verixl : 01-29-13 at 01:56 PM.

01-30-13, 07:28 PM   #319
tresser
A Cyclonian
this is new

1x WTF\Account\TRESSERMCKAY\SavedVariables\nibPointDisplay_RealUI-7.3 r6.lua:433: "]" expected near "<eof>"

Locals:

01-30-13, 08:04 PM   #320
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Sorry, I haven't been on, had a bunch of IRL stuff to take care of. Time for another wall of reply's!

Originally Posted by striker View Post
can anyone help me??

<PIC>

Do you have nibIceHUD enabled? This addon is what RealUI uses to track debuffs and why they don't show in Raven.

Originally Posted by Enzyte View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm writing here to tell you the UI is awesome, really! I've used some other UI (don't know if I'm allowed to tell which one here ) but since my PC is not the best I getting low FPS in raids with it, I'd like to ask if RealUI needs a good PC or it's fine with my older laptop?

Thanks
As long as your computer can run WoW, you shouldn't have any performance issues using RealUI.

Originally Posted by anubis06660 View Post
I'm getting all the odd stuff let me tell ya

This is random, certain bosses pop this, some don't. Any ideas?

<BUG>
Did you happen to reload the UI and end up in combat when you finished loading? There is a time limit for how long a script can run while in combat, so in those situations it'll say that the "script ran too long".

Originally Posted by Ruvengaard View Post
I'm, again, going to sound stupid but I was not able to find the arrow you mentionned. I found part of the menu in the contextual menu of my character (raid mode, raid icons) but not the ones I was looking the most for : Roles varification, call, ....

Here is a screen capture of what I have when in raid with assist role :
<PIC>
Trust me it's there, though the texture is very faint and may be difficult to see in some environments. If you click in that area the frame will still show. You can get the default textures back by going to the World of Warcraft\Interface folder and delete or rename the "RaidFrame" folder.

Originally Posted by LiNK2088 View Post
Is the pvp timer on top supposed to look like this?

<PIC>
Originally Posted by Pamelaa View Post
Hi there.
First of all I wanna say I absolutely love the UI, it is fantastic in many ways.
I have but one problem with it, the transparency of the different character, talents, mounts, loot (etc.) frames.
I tried disabling Aurora thinking it was the cause behind it, but that didn't do the trick.

I was wondering if there was a way of getting back the original frames for these without affecting the rest of the UI.
These textures are from Aurora Missing Textures. They replace the default Blizz textures and are not from an addon. If you go to World of Warcraft\Interface you should find a list of folders:

ACHIEVEMENTFRAME
AddOns
BattlefieldFrame
etc ...

The folders that are not named "AddOns" contain the override textures. These are meant to be used in conjunction with the Aurora addon; if you disable this addon, i would also recommend removing/renaming these folders.

Originally Posted by Pamelaa View Post
Also, when opening new frames they always appear in the mid-top left corner and do not memorize where you last moved them / closed them. Is there a way to work around this?

Thank you very much, and congrats again on a brilliantly designed UI.
RealUI is actually not currently setup to save the position of every frame, and to be honest, there are a few bigger issues that need to be taken care of first. That said, the suggestion has been noted.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI