09-27-12, 09:26 AM   #1
Paternus
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite Quest Log not working for Pandaria expac

Quests don't appear in database so it's a pain to have to keep using the old quest log. also, map's not zooming appropriately, if you try to zoom in from very high view, you get the terrain wiped out and only some of the fly points and mining nodes. Not sure what else isn't working, still playing with it.

09-30-12, 05:38 AM   #2
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

A fan is currently writing carbonite updates.
You can find these updates @ http://rythal.com/
He's also working on a solution with the original authors.

09-30-12, 08:47 AM   #3
Kiwiiwoorman
A Murloc Raider
Hello
I have downloaded the fan update and it functions very well in German. Only if I make a Pandaren , I see no Quest log. I must switch off Carbonite, I can see the Quest log
Is this still fixed now??

Sorry for my English

Thx for answer

09-30-12, 09:40 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
With Carbonite installed you can always access the default quest log by pressing "alt + L".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-30-12, 10:32 AM   #5
Kiwiiwoorman
A Murloc Raider
Hi
Sorry I mean not Quest Log, I mean Quest Watch, look at my Screen

There are no Quest to see. When I Questing with my 85er I see the Watch. When I play a new Panda, theres not working

09-30-12, 10:53 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ahhh, I see.

I know that the little bit that I've played my new Pandaren Monk (only to level 11 since the expansion went live, and not at all since Rythals latest patch 5.05.01) quests would occasionally show up in the Quest Watch window. Not often, and it seemed to matter what type of quest it was as to whether it showed up in the watch window or the Carbonite quest log. It seemed like the "go see this person" type quests didn't show in Carbonites quest log, so they also wouldn't show in the quest watch. However, most of the other quests showed up in both. I only did one "bread crumb" quest, and the "?" that you have to click for the next part of the quest in the quest watch didn't work, but I could complete that part by opening the default quest log and hitting the "Complete Quest" button on the bottom.

I'll find out more later today when I get around to playing my Monk again.

EDIT: I don't know if this would be a work-around, or not, but there used to be a bug with Carbonite that if you were "watching" (in the Blizzard Achievement window) an achievement on a character, when you logged onto that character the Blizzard quest watch would also open. Maybe you could try something like that?/EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-30-12 at 11:01 AM.

09-30-12, 02:09 PM   #7
Swirrel
An Aku'mai Servant
Kiwiiwoorman, have you checked your quest log?
Is the quests turned on or off?

I'm asking cus though I haven't started a panda yet, I do my self, have some issues with not all quests ending up on my quest watch list.

I noticed this the other night. There was an npc who had 2 quests for me and accepting 1 of those quests, gave me both. Problem was that only 1 quest showed in the quest watch list, while the second quest was in the quest list, but not showing it self as it should.
I was able to turn it on manually to show in my questlog, but the issue with different quests kept occuring.

I don't know, ofc, if it's a known bug prior to MoP, but I've used Cabonite for 3-4 years or so and never had the issue before.

Just a little input from here

10-01-12, 10:28 AM   #8
Zarggg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've noticed that sometimes WoW itself will often not track or stop tracking quests (including quests that were tracked in previous game sessions) contrary to user settings. I haven't been able to pin down the cause of this.

10-01-12, 06:38 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Zarggg View Post
I've noticed that sometimes WoW itself will often not track or stop tracking quests (including quests that were tracked in previous game sessions) contrary to user settings. I haven't been able to pin down the cause of this.
I noticed this happening in the MoP Beta before they enabled the use of addons. I haven't used the default quest stuff in four years other then that, so I didn't know that happened on live servers too.

Hmmm...... Imagine that. There's a problem somewhere in Blizzards code.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Quest Log not working for Pandaria expac