Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-22-12, 03:11 PM   #22
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
I am not too concerned about Dominate Mind type of actions, as they seem to now be considered [pet] and the pet action ID's 1-10 properly reflect abilities using Dominate Mind. I can live with that as a solution.

My primary concern is the "non-vehicle" vehicle bars (I used to call them "possess" states because that is how they seem to behave, that a character would "possess" an NPC or object rather than mount a vehicle). This bar would be better called the "Alt Player Action Bar" based on the fact that their textures are in the "PLAYERACTIONBARALT" art folder. Which reminds me, this state is the same used by the darkmoon faire. Since [bonusbar:5] no longer seems valid, the darkmoon alt action bars most likely also do not have any macro conditional that an addon can react to. I will have to remember to test that the next time the DMF is up.

So the new macro conditional I am seeking would probably be better called [actionbaralt] or something along those lines, though I think [possess] or [possessui] works just as well, as the character is possessing something for the time being (like a DMF tonk)

And, from my tests, these alternate action bars on the beta so far use the higher action ID range I indicated previously (157-162).
It might be that spells like Dominate Mind work in a different way, and that has been the case before.
I don't know of an easy way to test this except for DMF, which is for one week once a month, and I really cba doing the whole Hyjal chain again, let alone level up a character to that level then do it.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Beta API discussion