02-16-07, 09:33 PM   #1
Poee
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy Coords (X,Y)

I've searched and searched for simple coord mods, and nothing is right for me. I just want one that adds the pointer coords, and player coords at the bottom bar of the world map (similar to Titan). I don't want to go back to Titan since I migrated from Titan -> FuBar. I do not like NavigatorFU for the coords. I was just wondering how would you code up a nice one that just adds pointer and player coords on the bottom bar in the world map? I'm very new to coding and reading up on alot of guides and I cannot come across a Coord mod guide. Thanks.
02-16-07, 09:44 PM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is this . It adds what you want to the main map but also adds to the minimap as well.

Last edited by Sepioth : 02-16-07 at 09:56 PM.
02-16-07, 09:48 PM   #3
Poee
A Murloc Raider
I like, I like. Thank you.
02-16-07, 09:56 PM   #4
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Your welcome

You said you only want the coords on the Minimap. This can be done with this mod with a little edit.

Open up the file diMapCoords.lua in Notepad (or other text editor)

Search for this text (without quotes) " function diMapCoordsUpdateMiniMap() "
You will need to comment out this function. To do this add this (again minus quotes) " -- " (two dashes) to the line you just found and the next 3 lines.

Should look like this now :
--function diMapCoordsUpdateMiniMap()
--x,y=GetPlayerMapPosition("player")
--diMiniMapFrame.loc:SetText(string.format("%s,%s", floor(x*100) or "", floor(y*100) or ""))
--end

This will remove the coords from the minimap and keep them on the main map only.

If there is a problem with me saying how to do this either by the author or any mod here please either delete it or ask me to and it will be removed. I don't want to step on any toes... just trying to help out a fellow gamer.
02-16-07, 10:00 PM   #5
Poee
A Murloc Raider
Thanks! It worked. I didn't like the coords displaying in minimap as you guessed!
02-16-07, 10:58 PM   #6
Riraito
An Aku'mai Servant

this is a little off topic srry, but im just wondering, what the units are for the coordinates, is it feet? meters? something else? or just some arbitrary number?
02-17-07, 12:41 AM   #7
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Actually thats a good question. I use cartographer and it has it set to yards. Don't know if there is actually a "measurement" used for it. I believe it's can be whatever you want to call it .. can call it smooges if ya wanted

Good thing is is every mod that uses coords are pretty much the same. Always the same coords. I believe it's using the built in loc of WoW. It just displays it for you as it changes.

Good for when people give you coords and places like www.thottbot.com where coords are always used. Easy way to locate and find stuff
02-17-07, 04:37 AM   #8
Wobin
An Aku'mai Servant

The coordinates are relative to the current map from 0,0 to 100,100

The units of distance are arbitary.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Coords (X,Y)