06-09-12, 03:25 PM   #1
blackhaven
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy Curse

Why is this not available on curse anymore?

06-09-12, 03:34 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ummmmmmm ...... Perhaps you should check again.

I just did a search for Carbonite on Curse.com and got several returns. Carbonite was at the head of the list.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-09-12 at 03:44 PM.

06-11-12, 08:22 AM   #3
msgtfraley
A Kobold Labourer
I just tried for the Xth time, and Carbonite does not install thru Curse!

06-11-12, 08:45 AM   #4
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

That wasn't the question.

Carbonite is clearly available on Curse, just search for it and you'll find it at the top of the results, just as Jeffy pointed out. I can't answer for their client though.

What I really can't figure out is why you post on WoWInterface when you can't find something on Curse Carbonite is available on WoWI aswell, here.

06-11-12, 11:06 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can find Carbonite on Curse.com and WoWInterface.com.

The links are to the Carbonite page on both sites.

If Carbonite is not showing up in your addons list in the Curse Client, file a bug ticket about it at Curse.com. If you're using the newest test version you can file a ticket directly from the Client's "Help" menu.

You could also choose to download and install it manually until your Client works properly.

Of course, you could always install MMOUI - Minion to install Carbonite (or any other addons) from WoWI.

Personally, I use both and they both work well. You just have to make sure you don't update the same addons in both or else both will just keep telling you there are updates for an addon that's already up to date.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

06-18-12, 12:34 AM   #6
blackhaven
A Murloc Raider
I have it listed with curse. I click the update link and it tells me that It's not available from curse and redirects to wowinterface...

06-18-12, 12:36 AM   #7
blackhaven
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by lerb View Post
That wasn't the question.

Carbonite is clearly available on Curse, just search for it and you'll find it at the top of the results, just as Jeffy pointed out. I can't answer for their client though.

What I really can't figure out is why you post on WoWInterface when you can't find something on Curse Carbonite is available on WoWI aswell, here.
Because it redirected me to this forum from the curse client.

06-18-12, 12:47 AM   #8
blackhaven
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by blackhaven View Post
I have it listed with curse. I click the update link and it tells me that It's not available from curse and redirects to wowinterface...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../cursedeny.jpg as you can see...

06-18-12, 06:48 AM   #9
Chmee
A Molten Giant
This would seem to be a problem with the Curse client, since Carbonite is in fact available on Curse.

06-18-12, 06:58 AM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The absolute first thing you should do is to make sure your Curse Client is up-to-date. I allow my Client to update itself automatically, since I have a terrible memory, and it's much easier (for me) to keep the Client updated that way. If your Client is up-to-date, please continue to the next part of this post which will explain how you can submit a Client Bug Report.

Click on the "Help" menu button along the top of the Client. When the menu opens click on "Report a Client Bug". Fill out the form when the "Report a Bug" window opens. Hit "Submit" when you are done.

As I understand the process, when you hit the "Submit" button the Client will also attach a copy of the Curse Client log to that report and send it all to the developers of the Client. The log will help the devs to find/fix the problem.

06-18-12, 08:00 PM   #11
blackhaven
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
The absolute first thing you should do is to make sure your Curse Client is up-to-date. I allow my Client to update itself automatically, since I have a terrible memory, and it's much easier (for me) to keep the Client updated that way. If your Client is up-to-date, please continue to the next part of this post which will explain how you can submit a Client Bug Report.

Click on the "Help" menu button along the top of the Client. When the menu opens click on "Report a Client Bug". Fill out the form when the "Report a Bug" window opens. Hit "Submit" when you are done.

As I understand the process, when you hit the "Submit" button the Client will also attach a copy of the Curse Client log to that report and send it all to the developers of the Client. The log will help the devs to find/fix the problem.
I checked for the update and it's up to date with auto-updates turned on. I submitted a ticket to curse with the screen shot above. meh...

06-18-12, 10:34 PM   #12
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, I know. Just update Carbonite manually (or install Minion to update from WoWI) until the Client bug is fixed.

Just remember, though, to manually delete the four Carbonite folders in your "AddOns" folder before manually installing (updating). That stops any chance of having problems from a "bad overwrite" happening.

06-20-12, 12:40 AM   #13
blackhaven
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Yeah, I know. Just update Carbonite manually (or install Minion to update from WoWI) until the Client bug is fixed.

Just remember, though, to manually delete the four Carbonite folders in your "AddOns" folder before manually installing (updating). That stops any chance of having problems from a "bad overwrite" happening.
won't that delete the saved variables and data I have accumulated?

06-20-12, 08:05 AM   #14
Chmee
A Molten Giant
No, those files aren't in the Addons folder, they're in SavedVariables folders inside the wtf folder.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Curse