01-07-08, 11:10 PM   #1
Voxtrot
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looking for alert when my name is said in chat.

I PvP/Arena alot, and tend to miss when people are speaking to me, whether it be whispers, party, but where I am concerned, is missing out on guild/officer chat when I am spoken to. I am looking for something similar to "Girlfriend" (found on WoWAce), where it may show the text, or some sort of alert in the middle of my screen, along with a possible sound file. This way when someone says, Voxtrot, Vox, etc I will be alerted and it won't appear as though I am intentionally ignoring anyone.

The only addon I have been able to find so far, is ChatMod (but it conflicts with Phanx chat), and other then that one feature, I really prefer Phanx.

Thanks in advance for your help!
01-08-08, 12:16 AM   #2
Voonka
A Cyclonian
Prat does this. Its like Phanx but is ace compatible, and is easier to configure. If you don't like it I think you're gonna have to look into coding that one on your own. Most chat mods intergrate that feature in.
01-08-08, 07:30 AM   #3
Voxtrot
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I used prat for over a year in the past, I never knew it had that feature. I think I had recently stopped using Prat because it was acting wierd with itemlinks in trade/guild channel. Many times items werent colored, other then maybe one of the brackets, and it drove me nuts. Ill look into it though for sure, and see if that is fixed, and using it again.

*Edit, Im going to give Prat another try, but it does still state that Chatlinks, etc is still bugged.

Last edited by Voxtrot : 01-08-08 at 07:56 AM.
01-08-08, 08:09 AM   #4
Fantamus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Voxtrot
I used prat for over a year in the past, I never knew it had that feature. I think I had recently stopped using Prat because it was acting wierd with itemlinks in trade/guild channel. Many times items werent colored, other then maybe one of the brackets, and it drove me nuts. Ill look into it though for sure, and see if that is fixed, and using it again.
I had the same with Prat and I can't remember what I changed in th settings but it's easy to test it. Should be fast too.

Good luck!
01-08-08, 09:55 AM   #5
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Voonka
Prat does this. Its like Phanx but is ace compatible, and is easier to configure. If you don't like it I think you're gonna have to look into coding that one on your own. Most chat mods intergrate that feature in.

If you must know Phanx chat uses the Ace framework, and for all you Ace fanbois take a look at http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Make_it_Ace%27d
01-08-08, 09:54 PM   #6
Farook
A Molten Giant

If you don't wanna use "Prat" just for that, you could also try "GirlFriend".

Never tested it myself, but it should do about the same thing...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for alert when my name is said in chat.