01-08-08, 04:08 PM   #1
Evolution85
A Black Drake

A good replacement for SimpleMiniMap

Anyone know of a good mini map mod the works like this did? I am using Spartan UI (Fans Update) and want to keep it in the middle of my UI and circular.

Thank for any help you can give!
01-08-08, 04:58 PM   #2
Auren
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Evolution85
Anyone know of a good mini map mod the works like this did? I am using Spartan UI (Fans Update) and want to keep it in the middle of my UI and circular.

Thank for any help you can give!
Any reason why you said works like it "did"?
If so, mine works fine from www.wowace.com

If your just looking for another, then I can't help there.
Good luck.
Shaman [Elemental] - 77
Mage [Frost] - 76
Priest [Shadow] - 75
Hunter [Beast] - 72
01-08-08, 05:52 PM   #3
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
My Simple Minimap works like a charm. Try downloading the current version of it if yours is broken.

If you just want a change, try RicoMinimap. It's the only other one that comes to mind that works well. I used to use it before switching to SMM.
01-08-08, 07:34 PM   #4
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SMM should work fine, along with RicoMiniMap. There's also an oldie but a goodie in Squeenix, which still works fine too.

01-08-08, 08:29 PM   #5
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i continue to exterience little weirdnesses with SimpleMiniMap, specifically on login. settings established before logout are not displayed properly on login, and strange display artifacts often result (right now, using the latest/greatest from wowace, the little frame at the top of the minimap, that displays the zone name, does not display on login... i have to toggle the "lock minimap" option to induce this to display.

these sorts of idiosynchrasies have persisted for the entire life of this mod, as far as i can tell (been using it since it was a beta).

its always possible that i have other mods that are messing with it (like FuBar), and i understand that UI scale issues can complicate matters significantly. i gather the author has to jump through some major hoops re-establishing the position of the minimap, based on all the other concievable influcences on available screen real-estate, so perhaps that process is still not entirely working properly...

anyway, i don't know of anything as featureful as SimpleMiniMap. i still use it, weirdness nonwithstanding.
01-08-08, 09:20 PM   #6
Voonka
A Cyclonian
I had those same problems for a while, and it turned out to be a mod conflict. I would do a full update with the WoWace Updated to rule out incompatible version addons. I got mine to work by completely removing and reinstalling cartographer. The main mods that conflict with this seemed to be anything with coordinates. Lightheaded conflicted with my simple minimap for example but that was only briefly. I would just get Ricominimap if you don't wanna mess with it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » A good replacement for SimpleMiniMap